cello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cello

Hi there, I thinking of picking up cello lessons...
    Does anybody have any cello teacher to recomend?
    HOw much would a cello cost?
    where to get a cheap one?

it depends what's the purpose u r learning the cello for...
    because a cheap teacher may not suggest a quality teacher.
    Try calling up professional music institutions (like nafa, la selle) n ask if there are students who would like to teach?
    They may charge slightly cheaper n at the same time, pretty qualified.
    HTH!

Comment

hi there.. a cheap cello would cost at least 3k. I remmeber my teacher told me once. buy from where i dunno. but my teacher is those Chinese orchestra teacher la.. then those cello 3k one is i cant remember good one or what but it hink is made in China.

Comment

hoping to revive this thread, anyone knows of any good cello teacher? i wanna start picking up cello and i hope it isnt too late :X

Comment

me too. i fell in love with the instrument after hearing YoyoMa!

Comment

I believe Cello should be quite easy to pick up. I picked it up during my Chinese Orchestra ECA in school. I do have some music background already. Many of my schoolmates started from scratch and we managed to perform something To me, the voilin seems really tough. I couldn't manage to pull one note w/o wincing from the shrieking sound

I think we'd have to travel to Yo-Yo Ma if we wanna catch him 'live. He once was in Singapore and the tickets were gone in 60 secs probably.

You have to listen to a Jackie du Pre someday. It's unforgettable. But Ma's interpretation of The Swan is more emotive.

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie

You have to listen to a Jackie du Pre someday. It's unforgettable. But Ma's interpretation of The Swan is more emotive.

who's jackie du Pre? Will keep a lookout for her.

my mommy didn't want to let me learn cello when i was young because she thinks it's super unladylike to play the cello (have to open your legs wide)

ended up playing the piano instead. heh.

Comment

She's the Jackie in the movie Hilary and Jackie. Jacqueline du Pre. I know a very wee bit about this talent...

http://www.jacquelinedupre.net/jdupre/whoisjdp.htm

Comment

Working...
                X