All Things BABY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Things BABY!

Thought I'd start a thread on baby related issues, what with the many mommies we have on CC now

Post away!

This will be my fave thread in CC!

I really want to know, who else are the mummies or MTBs (mum to be) here?

Comment

Chris, what's the sex of your little baby? Boy or girl?

Comment

Originally posted by dolphin
        Chris, what's the sex of your little baby? Boy or girl?
        My baby's a girl! The other time during CC gathering at Marche, the girls were all saying that they all think my baby is a girl, wow, didn't expect them to be so good at guessing!

Comment

Gosh....all these talk are making me feel sooo warm and fuzzy inside

Can we have a gathering soon? I soo wanna see Mag's boys and Mango!

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline

Can we have a gathering soon? I soo wanna see Mag's boys and Mango!
            hear hear! i miss seeing you girls.

Comment

mango, maybe scrub with a cloth? or loofah thingy you can get at TBS if you're worried about EO?

just wondering, my friend had a baby few months back and he's one hyper active baby! barely sleep and when he's left alone in the room while sleeping, he would open his eyes to peek and see where mummy is

suggested slinging to my friend but she said he perspires alot, so not such a good idea.. any suggestions? i'd be glad to pass it on

Comment

Originally posted by duckiee
                mango, maybe scrub with a cloth? or loofah thingy you can get at TBS if you're worried about EO?

just wondering, my friend had a baby few months back and he's one hyper active baby! barely sleep and when he's left alone in the room while sleeping, he would open his eyes to peek and see where mummy is

suggested slinging to my friend but she said he perspires alot, so not such a good idea.. any suggestions? i'd be glad to pass it on
                'Hyper-active' is subjective, very often when a child's needs exceeds what the parents expects, the word 'hyper active' is used. From what I know, newborns or babies of few months old need alot of sleep and very regularly too. Several things can cause a child to be active during bedtime, a few that I can remember off-hand includes overstimulation before bedtime, an unsuitable diet particularly before bedtime, etc. Alot of babies need 'winding down' just before bedtime, eg, a soothing bath (*only* if it calms him down, definitely not if baths have a particularly stimulating effect on that child), calming music (mummy's humming maybe?), bedtime stories, etc.
                A calming, soothing environment will help (as opposed to loud tv/music being played in the background), as well as elimination of all stimulating activites(no playing catching!) in the evening before the child is put to bed. Children also love and work well with routines as well. HTHs a little.

BTW, there are quite a number of books on sleep discipline available that gives parents insights on this topic, and they provide very good suggestions + help. Get your friend to browse at kino when she's free.

Comment

thanks for those tips!
                  will pass them on and let her know about it

yep, hyper active was the term she used, baby's 4 months old but doesn't sleep much! she's lucky if he sleeps for an hour in the afternoon and in the night, he doesn't sleep much either.. which is strange (to me ) since my cousins slept alot when they were babies

Comment

This is such a happy thread! Love it! Makes me want to have a baby too! (Though I shouldn't let the bf read this - he'll get a heart attack!)

Mag: I love your advice! if i ever get pregnant, I'd definitely come running to you!

And no matter what you say, I think you should have more kids. The world needs more adorable, intelligent, LOVELY boys like yours!

Mango: this is all so exciting! Like I said, I knew I'd be right *ego* And like I said again, I think you'd make a FANTASTIC mom simply because you care so much. Any kid would be lucky to have you as a mother.

And please let's all meet up! Would love to see how Mango's tummy is growing and how gorgeous I is becoming.

Comment

Originally posted by duckiee
                      My cousin is also reallyyyy active. She's just so enthusiastic and energetic; never wants to go to sleep and just wants to keep playing and playing and playing. If she had a choice, the sun will shine 24-7 and no one would ever need to go to bed or to work! sometimes, she'll be so lively that she'll insist she's not sleepy even though she's yawning nonstop.

What we did was switch off the lights in the entire room and crawl into bed with her. So her maid and I would lie on both sides, in the darkened room, and just sing songs to her. Soothing calming songs like lullabys and hymms, avoiding 'happy' songs involving actions. Eventually calms her down enough and I guess the fact that we're lying beside her 'sleeping' too makes her feel like she's not 'losing out' by going to bed.

Also, something warm might help. J&J has this new lavender baby wash right? might help sooth the kid a little.

Comment

Originally posted by ataraxia

This is such a happy thread! Love it!

Mag: I love your advice! if i ever get pregnant, I'd definitely come running to you!

The world needs more adorable, intelligent, LOVELY boys like yours!
                        Thanks But er, although I loved being pregnant, I'm not so hot on the labour bit *ahem* :choice:

As for advice, I'm still learning too! What works for me might not work for you yeah? But just make sure you make informed choices!

I love this thread too, so fun

Comment

Re: playpen

Originally posted by mango
                          momopeach, which playpen are you using?
                          mango- The baby playpen I'm using right now is Baby Craft. I got it at Mother Works at Great World City.

I just noticed something. Seems like all the mummies here all have nicks that starts with "m" - momopeach, mango, makeupmag, mel171103kev.....

Comment

seems like i must change my nick with a M beginning in order to become a mom soon

Comment

Re: Re: playpen

Originally posted by momopeach
                              I just noticed something. Seems like all the mummies here all have nicks that starts with "m" - momopeach, mango, makeupmag, mel171103kev.....
                              You are right! That's so funny! to all the Marvellous Mothers!

Comment

Working...
                              X