Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby carrier

Hi to all the mums to be,

I'm trying to get a gift of baby carrier for friend, and since I have zilch experience to speak of, it would be much appreciate if you ladies be able to give some opinion.

what are the things to look out for when buying a baby carrier.
    where can I get thats not too expensive.

Thanks a bunch!

For mum with a newborn? How about getting the Aprica 3-way carrier with neck support? Aprica is a good brand, the neck support (not carriers all comes with neck support) means that she can use the carrier with her newborn, and 3-way carrying gives her freedom of choice to decide which position is more comfortable for her and baby. It costs around $109, a very good buy- I almost bought this for myself!

Comment

thanks for the reply. decided to get a sling instead.

Cheers!

Comment

Which sling are you getting, baobei?

Comment

Anybody got reviews on their baby carriers? Guess this question would mainly apply to moms

I plan to get two slings, one sarong sling and one like the BabyBjorn type. Probably get one that's cheaper than the Bjorn since that costs about $140

Comment

Originally posted by makeupmag
            Which sling are you getting, baobei?
            Got it from one of the distributors in Takashimaya,but there's only like a couple left, not much choices really. :X

Comment

Yaai, I received my Babybond sling yesterday. Haven't practised tying it on, but essentially it just looks like a piece of cloth with two plastic rings Wonder why they sell it so expensive :roll:

Comment

Hey ladies, if you're thinking of getting a sarong sling and wondered if it's any good, I have to share my first hand experience and let you know that I really LOVE the sling!

On the day I was discharged and brought my girl home, I used the sling as I was still unsure of cradling her securely. The sling was wonderful, it gave me a strong sense of security and the baby look very snug and comfortable in it.

It does take some practise to slot her into the sling, but it's not that difficult once you get used to it. She always falls asleep once she's in it

Also, I've actually tried breastfeeding her in the sling (this was when she was only 5 days old) as I was rushing to the pediatrician that morning. The sling can actually help make it look more discreet (although my hubby got quite stressed that I might expose myself in public, so he kept hovering over me with the Saturday newspaper!)

Comment

This is totally unrelated but mogmick, do you mind sharing with us your breastfeeding experience? This is your first one right? Did you experience any difficulty in starting? Would love to hear what a first-time mum experience with breastfeeding. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mogmick

Also, I've actually tried breastfeeding her in the sling (this was when she was only 5 days old) as I was rushing to the pediatrician that morning. The sling can actually help make it look more discreet (although my hubby got quite stressed that I might expose myself in public, so he kept hovering over me with the Saturday newspaper!)
                    Wow, you're a brave mummy to try BF in public so soon! I think my hubby will also be quite stressed if I were to do that publicly(eh, not that I'm planning to heh..). Yeah, I would also like to hear more about your BF experience, do share when you're free. Are you TBF? Did you manage to latch on well the first day? When did your milk come in? How often does your baby need feeding in the day? How about at night? How long does she drink each time? Sorry for my many questions

Comment

Originally posted by mogmick
                      Hey ladies, if you're thinking of getting a sarong sling and wondered if it's any good, I have to share my first hand experience and let you know that I really LOVE the sling!

On the day I was discharged and brought my girl home, I used the sling as I was still unsure of cradling her securely. The sling was wonderful, it gave me a strong sense of security and the baby look very snug and comfortable in it.

It does take some practise to slot her into the sling, but it's not that difficult once you get used to it. She always falls asleep once she's in it

Oh i have already brought the sarong sling, was wondering is it good after hearing what you say, think i will not be wasting money
                      Did you go for the free demostration for the sling ? Is it hard to use ?

Comment

You can start trying now with a soft toy or a doll! I didn't so I had to practise with my real baby It really takes a bit of getting used to - was a tad unwieldy at first, and I prefered to hold baby's head even though he was slung, until his neck was firmer. But practice really does help, now it's so much easier than those early days (plus he's filled out!) Have fun slinging.

Mogmick - YAY!!! Welcome to the slinging mommies club It IS so convenient, huh?

PS: As you all pop one by one, shall we have a gathering for CozyMom mommies? Can also share slinging/bfg experiences...

Comment

Great idea..... let have a gathering

Comment

Yeah, after I popped and things are more settled down, I would definitely love to meet up with more mummies here that I havent! And catch up with the ones I already know! It'll be fun!

Comment

Sorry, came to this thread kinda late..

Yes, I would love to meet up Cozycot Mommies if there is a chance(I have yet to meet up with anyone yet).. we can share about the sling experiences and lots of other stuff..

Comment

Working...
                              X