Beauty for mummies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beauty for mummies

I've ben washing my hands so many times a day since my baby is born, (for hygiene reasons- after diapering, before handing baby, etc) that my hands are fast becoming really dry.

Experienced mummies, how do you keep your hands supple and moisturised?

And is any other new mummy as trumatised by how their postnatal belly looks as I am?

Although my belly is no where close to being lovely. I am pretty happy right now at my progress. I was 57.8kg before I gave birth to dear baby and now weighed 52kg. It has only been a week and everyone is pretty amazed. Friends says I don't look like someone in confinement and hubby says no one can tell I just gave birth last week!

Only thing is I am haunted by my stretch marks and hoping the dark marks will go away soon. My belly will Never look exactly like the way it was but I am so happy to have dear baby, I no longer mind my stretch marks. Plus hubby has been sweet & encouraging so that helps alot too.

edit: grammar
    Last edited by naughtygirl; 10-10-2004, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Me! I can't believe how flabby my tummy is And the stretchmarks too I lost very little weight straight after birth, only about 3 Kg and my baby was 2.75 Kg when she was born. Today I weighed myself again and discovered that I have lost another Kg. I still have an excess of about 8 Kg to lose though

Comment

My pre-pregnancy weight is 47.5kg. I still have 4.5kg to lose which I don't think will be very difficult. In fact, I am hoping to get back my wedding day weight at 42kg.

But what I really need to do is tone my body.

Ariel, I think you are doing very well already

Comment

Re: Beauty for mummies

Originally posted by mango
          I've ben washing my hands so many times a day since my baby is born, (for hygiene reasons- after diapering, before handing baby, etc) that my hands are fast becoming really dry.

Experienced mummies, how do you keep your hands supple and moisturised?

And is any other new mummy as trumatised by how their postnatal belly looks as I am?
          Chris, I always keep my hand moisturiser at bay, say bedside, study table. So that whenever I need it, I don't have to go look for it. Yeah, I'm lazy! lol.

What exactly bothers you about your belly? Is it stretch marks, or is it not as flat as pre-preggie, or what? :preggie:

Comment

I've been hating my hair for some time now- colour mainly cos colouring not encouraged during pregnancy.

Should I highlight and cut anyway tomorrow (thinking quite advanced in pregnancy what-the-heck, especially if they're abit more careful not to touch the roots?), or,

wait til I deliver (by which time I'd be too busy to schedule a stretch of few hours to make a trip to the hairdresser, what with leaking breasts and a bawling hungry baby at home. Not keen to have newbornish baby with me in a chemical-filled salon, and may not be willing to have my mum bottlefeed baby that early either. Sounds like the hairdresser trip can only take place several weeks after delivery which is so depressing!)

Comment

Hey Mel, aren't you due soon? What if baby decides to show up while you're halfway with your color job?

Maybe after delievery and you need to be out, can wear a hat first? And then in afew weeks time, you can pump and ask your hubby or mum to help bottlefeed her while you get your hair done.

Comment

oh yes mango, I wouldn't recommend using a hand cream as we touch our breast too often (at least I do when feeding baby) and you wouldn't want baby to have any of it too.

If I'm in your shoes, I would invest in a good, mosturising liquid/bar of soap. I think that should be helpful.

Mel, I wouldn't go colour my hair before I pop. I rather have a brand new after birth look to look forward to. Right now, I'm thinking if I should highlight my hair or keep it black and which style to cut etc.

Comment

Mel, I was very close to getting my hair permed two weeks ago because I got so sick of looking at my boring straight hair. I think I was bored waiting for the baby to pop, hence all the thoughts about getting a new image And naughtygirl is right, I'd rather look forward to getting a brand new after birth image. Gotta get a perm and a colouring job done. Yay

My pre-pregnancy weight was 57 and I was 69 after I got pregnant. My weight now stands at 65 so 8 more Kg to go before I can even fit into most of my pre-pregnancy clothes. I sure don't want a wardrobe overhaul (well, not in big sizes anyway ).

I am now using Clarins Tonic Oil in the morning, Biotherms Abdo-Choc at night on my tummy and Shiseido Body Creator on my thighs. Hopefully they can reduce in size soon.

Comment

Davis, like what Tanya says, I cant use a hand cream cause I'm BF and I touch my breasts and baby's face/skin alot. I wouldnt want her to accidentally eat some of it off my hands or have the fragrance/ingredients irritate her skin if I accidentally 'transfer' some to her.

Tanya, good idea! Think I'll go and hunt next weekend.

Comment

Hi mango, not a mummy yet or experience at that aspect. But here's my suggestion, maybe you'd like to do hand-mask once a week to salvage the dryness and roughness? Since you BF, there isnt much time to do the mask everyday, so I guess once a week should do just fine? Do consider.

Comment

Johnson & Johnson

Hi mango

I'm not a mother yet but was wondering if this would be a good option.

Why not you apply Johnson & Johnson's moisturizers for babies? Since the products are meant for babies, I guess it should be really safe.

Comment

Re: Johnson & Johnson

Originally posted by mai2401
                          Hi mango

I'm not a mother yet but was wondering if this would be a good option.

Why not you apply Johnson & Johnson's moisturizers for babies? Since the products are meant for babies, I guess it should be really safe.
                          Er...I dont use J & J products on my baby, way too harsh imo. My concern is that if my hands are coated with lotion, baby will accidentally 'eat' some when I bf, and I am currently nursing around the clock.

Comment

my aunt always apply J&J baby lotions on her babies after bathing and boys being boys, they tend to stuff their fingers in their mouth, or lick ice creams from their arms...never heard her mentioning about the babies having any complications...that's why i was thinking it should be harmless even if babies accidentally "eats" the lotion...

but anyway, if too harsh then better not use as hand moisturizer then

Comment

Davis,
                              I survived the colouring job except I wouldn't recommend it either. I forgot the part where baby loves punching the bladder... there was no way to make a loo trip with head covered in foil.

Tanya,
                              ooo- the Fresh New afterbirth look certainly is an enticing prospect. But I can't wait out the 2wks minimum after delivery to have my hair done, so I did it today. Can always do it AGAIN after delivery (maybe rebond for the heck of it)! I think my bladder would be able to withstand the 4hrs rebonding time post-delivery (oh man, luckily I didn't do rebonding today)...

Ariel,
                              but I'm loving my hair now. Feeling much better!

Comment

Working...
                              X