Beauty for mummies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool Mel

Glad you like your new look. Hee... I'm sure your birthing pictures will be nice nice

Me too love to look presentable and clean after birthing. My hubby helped me wash my hair in the hospital the next day. I think most people would have freaked out! Unclean hair is a mood dampener.

edit: typo
    Last edited by naughtygirl; 12-10-2004, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Use your expressed milk
      Last edited by makeupmag; 17-10-2004, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Wow! Thanks for sharing this info. Never know that breastmilk has so much benefits.

edit to remove quote. there's no need to quote when replying to a post directly above you
        Last edited by duckiee; 17-10-2004, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Hey Happybean,

I had the same problem. Initially I already had problem skin but had in under control. But with my pregnancy I had pimples all over my forehead. Throughout my pregnancy I had breakouts. When I finally controlled the pimples on my forehead... at the 8 month they started appearing on my cheeks and down my neck. It was very bad (huge red painful ones). I used my normal skincare products except I got pimple cream. Didn't matter what I put, it came back again. My gynae says that its due to hormones. I didn't apply any make up at all unless it was to go our somewhere special. Two weeks after delivery it became better, the pimple cream and stuff worked. Everything has dried up but now I'm felt with horrible acne scars. <sigh> So what I do now is get stuff that will hopefully heal up the scars and prevent more breakouts. It seems to be working. I'm using my normal Nuskin Clear Action and just recently bought Celltrex Ultra from a fellow cotter . I read reviews from MUA and from threads here that it promotes healing.

When I was pregnant I always joked that the "glow" of pregnancy came from all the excess sebum oozing out from my skin.

I know how you feel though, I looked at myself in the mirror and I felt sad. Not only did I lose my figure and I felt that I looked ugly. Didn't help that I felt nauseous and grumpy most of the time. I am lucky to have my hubby who kept reassuring me.

Comment

It could also help if you changed your pillow cases frequently. My problem was partly due to that, was very lazy during the last month of pregnancy so was lax about changing pillow cases. I bet that contributed alot to my breakouts. Don't worry dear you will have beautiful skin again.

Comment

Make Up during Pregnancy

hi, just wondering if you'll continue to put on make up when you're expecting ? If so, do you put on the full lot or just par it down to certain basic (eg to hide red nose) ?

Comment

Of course! Life goes on during pregnancy, no? We still need to take care of ourselves and how we look like usual right? When I was preggie I had more time (compared to after the baby comes out LOL!) to do these thing. I remember religiously exfoliating all over, masking, moisturising and whatnot hehe.

Comment

Life was as normal when i was preggie
                  I was one of the lucky few who did not have any morning sickness, so it was makeup as usual for me
                  In fact, i took care of my skin better then because of pregnancy hormones.

It's after I've given birth that i've pared down on wearing makeup because i had to dress up fast, feed the baby, pack the bags, change his diapers before going out. So it's base makeup, blusher, brows and gloss in double quick time!

Comment

I agree with keiko & mango comments.During my pregnancy, I continued to follow a good skin care regimen such as a gentle cleanser, a hydrating moisturizer and a good sunscreen.

Comment

Same here! I continued to put on makeup when I was preggers but I was slack about taking care of my skin because I was just so tired all the time and couldn't be bothered about it. Now that the baby's out, it's become worse I think as I hardly ever use my skincare anymore. By the end of the day, I am too tired to really sit down and apply anything.

Comment

I still do but just worry about my skincare because pregnancy really changes our skin hormones seems to be more oily than usual. :Doh:

Comment

Same as Ariel, I still on makeup and take care of my skin very well when preggie. Really slack alot when baby is born cos I am so tired out from taking care of him. I think my dark circle got worse and below eye area become very dry. Started my eye treatment with my beautician two weeks back

Comment

I had to continue putting the usual amount since I was working. But during my 1st trimester, I was pretty sick and VERY sensitive to smells (most of which made me gag). This happen to include some of the smell of the makeup (like foundation, lip gloss) so it was quite a pain to put it on

Comment

Shaved or plucked

Not sure if I'm posting at the right thread.

I wonder if I can pluck underarm hair during preggie instead of shave?
                              I hate to shave as it makes the hair grow coarse and dark.

Comment

Anyone knows if i can do rebonding or hair treatment now? Im in my 22 weeks and my hair is really in a mess. I dont mind not doing a color job though i have half black and half brown hair, but my hair is in all directions now due to a bad cut and damaged hair ends!Im depressed.REally depressed.I sit infront of the mirror and sulk everyday...

Comment

Working...
                                X