No announcement yet.

Beauty for mummies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My hair stylist advised me not to do rebonding when i was preggie. Even now i had already given birth, i still not yet done rebonding cos my hair start DROPPING a lot until now when my baby was 3 mths old!!!! Now i had cut my hair shorter and trying to make my hair more healthy first instead of putting more chemical on it.
    One of my frd also complained the same thing as me after delivered her baby, she can even see her hair scalp

So don't sulk first, keep your hair healthy first until when your child is at least 8mth to 1 yr, then u can start making yourself pretty again! Nothing is too late!

Comment

Originally posted by bomy
      Not sure if I'm posting at the right thread.

I wonder if I can pluck underarm hair during preggie instead of shave?
      I hate to shave as it makes the hair grow coarse and dark.
      I also pluck instead of shave. I hate the rough rough feeling when it grow back.

Comment

Wow, sounds bad!I didnt know pregnancy can cause hair loss. Did yours occur during pregnancy or after u deliver?

Im almost set on making appt to do rebonding this weekend!Better think twice!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinksuki
          Wow, sounds bad!I didnt know pregnancy can cause hair loss. Did yours occur during pregnancy or after u deliver?

Im almost set on making appt to do rebonding this weekend!Better think twice!
          It occur 3 mth later after i had delivered. It is due to hormones changes. A lot of people said that this problem will go away slowly when your baby reached 6 mths old later.
          Now i am praying hard

Comment

Hi mummies and mum-to-be,

It's natural to experience hair drop around 3rd mth after delivery, as yr hormones level is adjusting(back to pre-pregnancy). During yr pregnancy, some of you will notice that your hair becomes fuller and bouncy as yr hormones level are high. I have very long(waist-length) and thick hair and my hair was dropping like "MAD"! Actaully, you will notice that yr baby is also dropping hair fm 3mth, also due to hormones.

My baby is coming 6mth old now and my hair dropping has stop. I just did a perm/color/highlight last week and so far seems ok.

Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy
              Hi mummies and mum-to-be,

It's natural to experience hair drop around 3rd mth after delivery, as yr hormones level is adjusting(back to pre-pregnancy). During yr pregnancy, some of you will notice that your hair becomes fuller and bouncy as yr hormones level are high. I have very long(waist-length) and thick hair and my hair was dropping like "MAD"! Actaully, you will notice that yr baby is also dropping hair fm 3mth, also due to hormones.

My baby is coming 6mth old now and my hair dropping has stop. I just did a perm/color/highlight last week and so far seems ok.

Cindy
              Yeah man!!
              My hair drops frequently esp after shampooing ..After sweeping/vacuum floor,still can find hair strands eughh..testing my patience..I have to trim my hair to reduce the hair drops..

Comment

Curious to find out what everybody's beauty routine is.

Mine is very fuss free - I will do the cleanser, face wash and moisturiser with SPF
                Powder foundation and lipgloss
                When going out somewhere special - add blusher and eyeshadow, sometimes mascara

I'm much more "vain"now since having kids. Probably because I need to pamper myself from the stress!

Comment

will hair-loss occur during pregnancy? or only after birth?

i heard that there are many ingredients in skin care and makeup that we cant use.
                  what are these ingredients?

Comment

My hair stylist said it's rather norm to loss hair abt 4 mths after birth... not sure how true as I'm not near it yet. she said to prevent it is to do maintenance treatments (make more $ out of me! hehe) but not treating the ends but the roots and scalp.

Comment

Working...
                    X