bottle cleaning and sterilising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bottle cleaning and sterilising

I have a silly question- how do ytou effectively clean the insides of milk bottles? I have the proper bottle brush (those bristle kind) but have no idea how to use it. Do you pour the detergent directly into the bottle, then use the bottle brush to swish? Or do you pour detergent on the brush? I tried both methods, but neither cleans my milk bottles properly. How should I be doing it? :huh:
    Last edited by mango; 25-10-2004, 03:07 PM.

I usually pour the detergent directly into the milk bottles & teats & then swish them with the brush. I don't have any difficulties cleaning the bottles. Could it be the design of the bottle/teat that makes it difficult to be wash properly? I am using the avent range.

Comment

Thanks bebelatte, I'm using Nuk bottles. For my short avent bottles, the bottle mouth is wide enough for me to insert a small sponge in to give it a good scrub. But I cant do the same with Nuk bottles cause the mouth is too narrow.

Comment

hi mango, you may want to get a brush with a narrower tip that can wash the Nuks bottles properly. Why don't you stick to Avent brand since you have no problem washing them properly. anyway, we all learn thru trial & error. I hope you can find your solution soon.

Comment

I usually pour the detergent into the bottle, and uses 2 brushes for cleaning. A big broad brush for the inside of the bottle, and a narrow tip brush for the teats. Can't remember what is the brand of the brush or where I got them. But I think they are not too hard to find.

Comment

bebelatte, I am using Nuk cause baby dont like Avent teats.

Thanks davis, I'll try again, maybe I just need more practise.

Comment

Hmmm strange... my baby doesn't like Avent teats either. I'm also using Nuk.

Comment

Bottle feeding

Hey Momopeach,

I managed to get to this forum. Strange though I was actually looking for Dr. Hauschka website in Singapore before stumbling onto this.

Usually what I do is I collect the bottles in a plastic container. After there are enough bottles I squirt the detergent into the water and wash them altogether. I use the teat brush, a mini brush and the bottle brush to clean. Is that hygenic enough?

Comment

Hi majacqueline,

Glad to see that you managed to find your way here finally! lol. Hope you'll like it here as much as I do!

Comment

I do! I do!

Comment

How long can we use the bottles?

Hi mummies

One question, how long can I use the teats and bottles provided that they are still in okay condition. Do we throw them away after 6 months of use or longer?

Comment

I would think they should be ok to use as long as they're still in good condition.

I'm using Nuk bottles and teats, and the range that I'm using has only 2 types of teats, one is for newborn to 3mths, and the other is 3 mths and above. Sorry not much help here.

Comment

Originally posted by momopeach
                          I usually pour the detergent into the bottle, and uses 2 brushes for cleaning. A big broad brush for the inside of the bottle, and a narrow tip brush for the teats. Can't remember what is the brand of the brush or where I got them. But I think they are not too hard to find.
                          I use the same method and brushes as momo!!!

Originally posted by momopeach
                          Hmmm strange... my baby doesn't like Avent teats either
                          My baby is a hungry hippo. Got mum to try bottle feed (avent bottle) her my breast milk at week 2 of birth and she took it right away. She always suckle hard, guess thats why she was not bothered by the harder teat.

Comment

nowadays babies are more intelligent. they sure know how to show their preference at such tender age. mango & momopeach, very soon your babies will start telling you what they prefer to wear.hehe!

Comment

sterilising?

If a batch of bottles has gone through a cycle of sterilising and you open it up to retrieve one of the bottles to use, are the remaining bottles inside still considered sterilised (since its been exposed to air?)?

Comment

Working...
                              X