My baby's development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My baby's development

Mel, thanks for the link. I love the pictures you took of your little sweetheart. So many activities, so nice and your little girl looks really cute and sweet. (I love all the swimming pictures and she on the float).

My sis, her sis in law and my mum have also brought from the cart you mentioned at great world city for my girl. I haven't brought my baby much clothes, she has far too many clothes (hand me down plus gifts). I only need to get clothes for her for special occassions if I want.

My baby also ban from kitchen (unless there is no cooking, she can be carried in to look around). I read you wrote that your baby loves human interaction. Mine too. She loves it very much when we talk to her and will also reply in her baby language. She just likes to look at us, she'll be facinated with most things like me flipping the newspaper, putting on a shirt etc. She is very wakeful and alert. she discovered her hands and love admiring her right hand (very cute) and she loves sucking her hands too.

Babies are really so much fun. I want to buy her more stuff too. Unlikely to teach her the baby sign language (another thread) but would love to buy flash cards & picture books (cos she shows interest in images) too. Plus some toys that is pretty basic (maybe even simple or doesn't cost) but allows lots of imagination, coordination, speech development that she gets to discover on her own. My school of thought is letting baby learn through very natural (nature) stuff that is around but very valuable resources to baby etc.

Naughtygirl, my girl also love playing with her hands now. She sucks her hands quite alot...is this a habit to be condoned? I don't use a pacifier so I feel bad taking her hands away from her too.

She's also starting to put anything she's clutching into her mouth :roll: *sigh* I can feel the oncoming of the phase where we need to watch them all the time.

Comment

Oh dear, Faye has not started looking at/playing with her hands yet. She also hasnt reached out for anything.

Comment

My baby started reaching out at a specific object today! She swiped at and grab her first toy (his name is mr bubbles), a colourful Lamaze fish. She just went on and on swiping at him and grabbing him alot for at least 5 min LOL! I'm a happy mummy, cant wait for her first independent flip!

Comment

Originally posted by mogmick
          Naughtygirl, my girl also love playing with her hands now. She sucks her hands quite alot...is this a habit to be condoned? I don't use a pacifier so I feel bad taking her hands away from her too.

She's also starting to put anything she's clutching into her mouth :roll: *sigh* I can feel the oncoming of the phase where we need to watch them all the time.
          My girl went through that pharse too around 3 plus months.....frantically putting everything in her month & sucking on it, she even sucked on her mittens till soggy. Bought her a lot of those gummy/water filled toys for her to suck on . The next thing we knew...she was teething. We didnt expect it so soon at 4 months old.

Comment

Hey Mogmick, how are you? Hope all is well!

My girl just turned 3 months yesterday! And now knows how to hold her two little hands together. She is also starting to put elmo and big bird from her baby gym into her mouth!

She also enjoys sucking her hands/fingers from time to time. I will not give her a pacifier becos people usually give pacifier to crying babies to shut them up so I guess since our babies just want to suck their hands for fun, there is no need to.

I don't always take her hands away but I do watch out to make sure she doesn't do it too often.

Side track a bit, has your baby taken to the bottle? Mine hasn't. I still try every now and then to let her know there is an alternative to mom's breast (bottled expressed milk) but she doesn't want to have anything to do with it.

But I really love feeding her too cos its so much fun feeding her as she grows older. The closeness and interaction is simply wonderful!

Comment

My baby's going to be three months old tomorrow and she can now do the following:

1) Bring her two hands together. She loves to admire them and put them in her mouth. She sucks at them until her mittens become soggy. It's so cute to see her having so much fun with her hands

2) She also has quite a firm grasp. I bought her a plastic bangle and she can play with it by transferring it from one hand to the other. I have not let her play with a rattle yet. Will have to go get some interesting toys for her to play with soon.

3) She rolled over on her own for the first time a few days ago! She continues to do it from time to time though it takes her quite a lot of effort to do it.

4) She can hold her head steady for about 10 seconds when placed on her tummy. She has excellent head control too.

5) She can now sleep through the night (almost) and only wakes up at about 4-5 am after going to bed at 9.30 am. No more midnight feedings, yay

6) She enjoys cooing and gurgling and responds in kind when we baby talk to her.

Babies are just so cute!

Comment

Last edited by Medusa; 15-11-2008, 01:56 AM.

Comment

All these sound soooo cute. Guess all mummies do enjoy the growing up process no matter how much beauty sleep was forfeited.

Comment

Naughtygirl, in response to your bottle question ... YES! she finally took to the bottle again!

Phew...after one month of trying a bottle a day, she is now sucking easily from the bottle. I've learnt my lesson and am now feeding her EBM at least once in 2-3 days. The one month where I tried to re-introduce the bottle to her was pretty trying as she would only suck when in good mood and partially full. Even then she played with the teat and didn't suck properly, kept pushing the teat out with her toungue and when she did suck, she had the bad habit of spitting out the milk (I think quite alot of milk ended up on her bib)! Anyway, problem solved

Yes, I love the way babies develop and as this is the first child for many of us, it's just so thrilling to watch baby perform "new tricks"

Although I'm not so sure I'm too excited about baby discovering her toes and how to grab it now and sucking them!

Comment

Last edited by Medusa; 15-11-2008, 01:55 AM. Reason: ......................

Comment

Naughtygirl, in response to your bottle question ... YES! she finally took to the bottle again!

Phew...after one month of trying a bottle a day, she is now sucking easily from the bottle. I've learnt my lesson and am now feeding her EBM at least once in 2-3 days. The one month where I tried to re-introduce the bottle to her was pretty trying as she would only suck when in good mood and partially full. Even then she played with the teat and didn't suck properly, kept pushing the teat out with her toungue and when she did suck, she had the bad habit of spitting out the milk (I think quite alot of milk ended up on her bib)! Anyway, problem solved

Yes, I love the way babies develop and as this is the first child for many of us, it's just so thrilling to watch baby perform "new tricks"

Although I'm not so sure I'm too excited about baby discovering her toes and how to grab it now and sucking them!
                        Hey Mogmick, I am really happy for you. Me, no success cos my fault, didn't even try hard in the first place. She only "plays" with the bottle about two times a week. And I am so half hearted about "teaching" her. And now that she is exclusively breastfed for more than 3 months, it seems to matter less and less to me that I am the sole person to feed her/the frequency/public feeding etc.

I just spoke to her doc yesterday as she went for her jab, and was told my baby can try out solids in her 4th month. I think she will like it cos she shows lots of interest in our food. Anyway, I guess I will continue to bf her and see how things develop from there.

But, I am really happy for you cos baby taking her bottle is always a good news!!!!

Comment

Thanks naughtygirl . Hey, let us know how your intro to solids go with Paris! I'm quite excited to start my baby on solids too.

By the way, is Paris gaining weight fast? My girl is gaining rather slowly and I'm afraid she won't reach double her weight by 6 months (which is the usual guideline according to PD). Thinking of starting her on formula to help her weight gain but am quite torn on this too :roll:

Comment

How heavy is your baby, mogmick? Mine was 5.91 Kg at three months. I am sure she's past 6 Kg now

Comment

By the way, is Paris gaining weight fast? My girl is gaining rather slowly and I'm afraid she won't reach double her weight by 6 months (which is the usual guideline according to PD). Thinking of starting her on formula to help her weight gain but am quite torn on this too :roll:
                              Hey Mogmick, recently Paris has been drinking alot but she is definitely not a heavy weight baby. You know, the baby health booklet? Well, she is always on the 50 percentile for height, weight and head circumfence. I am happy of course cos where these 3 items are concern being average is good/ideal.

I can understand exactly what you mean about formula. Formula is good for weight gain plus give the mum more time at hand (less frequency when it comes to feeding). It really does has its advantages but on the other hand, exclusive breast feeding is the BEST food for young babies so I am relunctant to add formula into her diet.

Ariel is your Emily drinking breast milk only? If yes, her weight gain on breast milk alone is definitely good!

Comment

Working...
                              X