Sleep sacks / Wearable blankets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep sacks / Wearable blankets

my baby loves to kick her blanket off and wake up crying in the middle of the nite, thinking of getting a sleep sack but don't know if they are too hot for our climate.

so far I've only seen them at mothercare and i think they are quite pricey.

anyone knows where else to get them and at what price? cuz I found some on the babycenter store going for 18USD, sounds cheaper than mothercare

You mean like Grobags? I think I've seen 'wearable blankets selling at Robinsons and Mothers Work(great world city), forgot the price, but prob less than $50 a piece.

Comment

I have only seen them in Mothercare and Mother Works. At first, I thought about getting it, but then decided to try and see how she does without one. She seems ok, so we never got her one. She likes to kick off her blanket too, so we just put her in long sleeve PJs and pants, and keep the aircon not too cold. So far, been ok.

Comment

hi. i got mine from robinsons (centrepoint) and i notice that there are two kinds. one is the quilted one...more suitable for air con room. i got this one.. and i only let baby wear diapers and a long sleeved top with it. so far its been great coz baby loves to kick off the blankets and i can't swaddle well. It retails for $37 plus. much cheaper than mothercare!

there is also another brand from the same place but its thinner. however material does not look smooth even tho its cotton... twenty plus for this one...*** get it as it did not look as nice and anyway, i am using it for air con room at nights

Comment

We brought nice blankets from mothercare but my baby hardly use. I wouldn't recommend a sleep sack for our climate. If you are concern that your baby might be cold, let him/her wear an overall PJ and mittens when going to bed and keep room temp at 24 degrees (this work for us and she doesn't need a blanket at all).

Comment

They sells these also for $9.90 at Metro Orchard 3 mths back not sure they have it still nice terry ones, not quilted so it wouldn't be too thick. I hope there still is.

Comment

last night she just kicked off everything, was rolling around in bed and ended up with the blanket on her face! she started crying and it sounded very muffled. i jumped up and checked on her, and quickly grabbed it off her face.

now even more paranoid to let her sleep alone. bought some onesies but they are so difficult to change diaper in the middle of the night!

Comment

Why do you have to change in the middle of the night? Pees too much? Perhaps you can try a higher absorbancy diaper?

Comment

Over here they do not recommend pillows or blankets for babies before 2 years. I put mine in a sleeveles, cotton wearable blanket, it's light (his room is about 19-20 degrees) and baby cannot escape from his cot.

Comment

Originally posted by ashlee
                    Why do you have to change in the middle of the night? Pees too much? Perhaps you can try a higher absorbancy diaper?
                    she starts sleeping abt 7pm till next morning, wakes up for feeds in between, notice that if she tends to wake up and fuss abt 4am cuz diaper quite wet. but not everynight, depends on what time she sleeps.

we are using pampers premium... ultimate in absorbency already!

Comment

I find that Mamy Poko has can absorb higher quantities compared to PP.

Comment

Originally posted by crystal
                        last night she just kicked off everything, was rolling around in bed and ended up with the blanket on her face!
                        bought some onesies but they are so difficult to change diaper in the middle of the night!
                        How about letting her wear long sleeved shirts and long pants instead? Don't worry about the diaper changing at night with onesies, soon you can even do it in the dark Good luck!

Comment

yeah, i figured onesies are the way to go since she seems to be sleeping better since i've made her wear them every night. managed to squeeze the diaper in under the bottom opening, slide out the wet diaper and fasten the new one

btw i bought some really really comfy onesies at the robinsons sale. fisher price sleep n play, 2 in a set and cost only 15+ after discount

Comment

Working...
                          X