Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bomy
    replied
    My 2months plus bb is drinking 120ml now every 4 hourly. The problem is she usually fall asleep after drinking 60-80ml. I burp her and try to continue feeding but she just refuses to drink and keep wanting to sleep. But after I put her down for 15mins, she will wake up, I usually make her sleep cos the milk has already turned cold. I'm worried that she may not have enough milk and that's why she keeps waking up during sleep. How do I make her finish her milk? I try shaking the bottle in her mouth to make her wake up but to no avail.

Leave a comment:

• MisSemLO
    replied
    my baby is 3mths + now..i usually feed him every 3to4hourly in the day and he sleep through the night only wake up around 5to6am to feed him

Leave a comment:

• Marge
    replied
    Thanks Wanderlust

I tried a half-hearted CIO on my baby last night. Fed her on demand and then when I realise she's just nursing for comfort, I withdrew the breast from her and gently pat her to sleep. Our little hyena broke out in high-pitched wails, I tried ignoring her for a good five minutes, and she persistently wailed on and on. Not wanting her to ingest wind, as she had a bad bout of cough and flu recently, and threw up a few nights in a row, I relented.

And that's not the end. Shortly after she woke me up again bushy-tailed and on all fours, and wanted to play. The room is dark by the way. This time round, still sleep-deprived me chided her to go back to sleep. All she did was to give me that wide-eyed puzzled expression why this mummy is so unenthusiastic to entertain her.

Like that how to sleep train her?

Leave a comment:

• wanderlust
    replied
    Hi Marge,

I had the exact same problem. Had to let her CIO. she already learned how to go to bed on her own (also using CIO method) but was still waking up for night feeds till a couple of weeks back. eventually let her CIO at night for a couple of nights and she's now sleeping through the night. (at about 16 months... FINALLY! )

the thing is that if you've never tried the method before, you should start with something gentler like maybe patting her to bed instead, because what she need may just be your comforting presence. then eventually leave her on her own. sleep training is really tough and may seem extra tough in the middle of the night. it is really heart breaking so if other non-suckling on mummy methods do work, then you don't have to let her CIO

Leave a comment:

• Marge
    replied
    Oh dear me, I cannot imagine a toddler still waking up for night feeds. Ok, must psych myself to sleep-train her, must be really heart-breaking to watch her CIO

Leave a comment:

• Moo
    replied
    hi bomy, think mogmick answered your question. i'm using enfapro for my baby and gain iq for my toddler and no problems with dissolving for both brands. and JMHO....if your baby doesn't go for more than 6 hours without a feed then its ok not to wake her just to feed.

marge - some methods are :-
    Cry It Out (cold turkey)
    Replace milk with water
    Pat her back to sleep without giving her the bottle
    Give pacifier

my toddler is still waking up for night feeds too and its irritating me to death (especially when its just a bad habit). i intend to let her CIO after we finish renovations and she'll be in her own room and won't disturb the baby.

Leave a comment:

• Marge
    replied
    Does anyone have any experience with training the child not to wake up for night feeds?

My ten-month old basically can sleep for 5-6 hourly stretch, but she has this habit of waking up at 2-3am to nurse. Don't think she's hungry because when we offered her the bottle, she takes less than an ounce and drifts off to sleep. Think she just gotten use to nibbling at mummy's teats at night. How to help her overcome this habit?

Leave a comment:

• bomy
    replied
    I see, mogmick. I try to stir the formula to dissolve it.
    My bb likes to be carried to sleep (by grandparents) and will miss the feeding schedule, shall I wake her up for her feed or just let her sleep till she's hungry?

Leave a comment:

• mogmick
    replied
    Bomy, I think it depends on the brand of formula you are using. I used to feed my baby Friso gold and even after shaking like mad, there would still be clumps (even though I used warm water) left. Now I'm using Enfagrow, no clumps at all and no foam even after shaking vigorously. The other day I tried room temperature water cuz my huge kettle was taking too long and the powder dissolved totally.

Leave a comment:

• bomy
    replied
    Moo,
    Can the milk powder be easily dissolved in room temperature water? I find it difficult to dissolved even with hot water added.

Leave a comment:

• Moo
    replied
    another alternative bomy.....i never even bothered with hot water, just put room temp water in the bottle and let it stand, milk powder measured out and put in a container, when baby cries just add milk powder to into the water in the bottle. did this for both my girls.

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied
    Last edited by Medusa; 14-11-2008, 11:18 PM. Reason: ...................

Leave a comment:

• bomy
    replied
    Thanks medusa for sharing your experience.
    At times, I felt so stressed I hope to learn more from you moms!

Medusa,
    I've just realised that you are pregnant again! Congrats!!!
    Are you a SAHM?
    Last edited by bomy; 03-01-2006, 08:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Medusa
    replied
    Last edited by Medusa; 14-11-2008, 11:17 PM. Reason: .................

Leave a comment:

• bomy
    replied
    Hi,
    Another thing is I had trouble preparing milk at nite. My bb will cry non-stop when she wakes up for feed. I had to carry and pacify her but she still cries. Can I prepare formula milk in advance and keep in fridge then warm up again? What other tips can you advise?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X