Holidays with babies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holidays with babies!

Hey, for those of you who have gone on overseas holidays with your babies can you share your experience and what to look out for? Thank you!

I took baby to Hong Kong during summer. I found some good tips here: http://www.milton-tm.com/motherandbaby/babyabroad.htm

Hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks for the article, momo! We'll be going to Kuching (half an hour by plane) in two weeks. We are flying there and then coming back by car so this article is really useful.

Comment

You're welcome. Be sure to take lots of pictures of baby! Have fun.

Comment

Thank you Momo for the helpful link.

Ariel, enjoy your holiday with your baby!!!

Comment

Just a tip: prepare all the babies necessities beforehand, will be extra useful to keep babies things in the hand carry luggage rather then the check-in so you can have them with you all the time.

Comment

i'm thinking of going for holiday too! the last was just before i found out i was pregnant...

wondering where is a good place to go when she's abt 8-9 mths cuz friends say that's the best age, as they are not free to roam and not so dangerous yet

when baby is already taking solids, do you bring along or buy when you get there? i'm secretly wanting to go japan but don't know how to buy baby food with jap labels!

Comment

I would bring my own baby food there. In case I can't get what I want or know which one to buy there. Better to be prepared than not.

Comment

I think Japan has tons of baby stuff, Pigeon is one of them and it has a variety of baby food. If intent to buy there you can ask the locals but that's not what I am worried about. I am worried that what if you baby doesn't take the new food? Being stress out at travelling and all? So familiar foods will still be the best!

Comment

I'm greedy. Thinking of bringing baby to a sea resort, melbourne and hong kong.

Sea resort will be great for chilling out. Melbourne is a baby friendly place. Hong Kong I am not so sure cos they are very limited in space thus can't really imagine a stroller in their food outlet.

Comment

Tanya,

Same here. Baby's not out yet and i'm already thinking of bringing him either to a resort or Perth.
                      Very ambitious, i must say. But if i'm successful in TBF, then that'll be one less thing to bring

Agree that HK may not be a good choice. Narrow sidewalks and too crowded!

Comment

I can say from experience, that Hong Kong streets are not stroller-friendly at all! It was too frustrating to try to maneuver the stroller on crowded uneven streets. And plus it was summer when I went, so the heat got to me (and temper) as well. I ended up using the baby carrier as much as I can.

Comment

Yes HK streets are frustrating to push the stroller but we have to make do with it! How to carry a toddler to walk about the whole day??

Comment

Last edited by Medusa; 15-11-2008, 01:47 AM. Reason: ....................

Comment

A suitable holiday for the baby would be one that is relaxing I suppose so not much noise and stress!

Have a fun one. Enjoy yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X