The one toy you cannot do without

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The one toy you cannot do without

Hi Mommies, just wondering what is the one toy that you or your baby cannot do without. I'm always at a loss when it comes to buying toys. Sometimes they just play with it for a while and then it sits and collect dust.

To start the ball rolling, here are two of our favourites

Learning Patterns? Motion & Music Jungle Gym

My baby's favourite. She used to lie down and grab at the toys, now that she's sitting up, she sits and grabs them and chews on the monkey's ears

Tiny Love Stroller Play Set

My favourite - this is attached to her stroller bar. it never fails to keep her occupied. great when we are out for meals, we keep her seated in the stroller and she now lets us eat in peace. we should have bought this earlier! It also attracts other curious kids to her stroller as well

thanks crystal

How does does the jungle gym and playset cost?

Comment

Last edited by Medusa; 15-11-2008, 01:03 AM. Reason: ...............................

Comment

Originally posted by ange1yn
        thanks crystal

How does does the jungle gym and playset cost?
        jungle gym was $59 and stroller toys $29 IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa
          Music Mobile over the cot- entertains her, except should have bought auto instead of wind-up.
          Music Light projector over the cot- entertains her, except should have been auto instead of wind-up.
          Yup, auto is much better than windup.... my mobile was a gift and it was a wind up. in the early days when she refused to be put down, it did entertain her in her crib, and allowed me to catch a quick shower. but being a wind-up, it always stopped before i could finish and she would start crying again :Doh:

Comment

My girl enjoys toys that make noise and every time she fusses or cries, those toys never fail to work in appeasing her, even when she is bawling her lungs out. They are indeed life-savers for hubby and I. Sometimes when she is crying so hard that nothing works to stop her crying (not even holding her or singing to her), these toys work magic

IQ Builders Sing-and-Smile pals - her favourite

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/...smile-pals.asp

Fisher Price Photo Fun Learning Colour Click Camera - she doesn't quite know what to press to activate the sounds yet but she still enjoys this toy

http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com...source=froogle

Comment

thanks crystal... the toys are not too expensive. Thought they will be very ex! Going to buy a player-thingy that can be put on my tummy for bb to listen to... read that playing classical music will help in bb brain development

Comment

Anyone got an exersaucer for your baby?

I was in Taka the other day and there was one on display and I put Cae in it and she seemed quite thrilled. It was quite funny cuz her legs didn't even reach the ground yet when she was in the exersaucer.

Saw quite a few on sale in Infantasy but they're really not cheap. Wondering if this toy is worth it or not.

Comment

Last edited by Medusa; 15-11-2008, 12:56 AM. Reason: .......................

Comment

Mel, is the Pooh rider the one with a platform to bounce? Then later can remove the platform and become like a small car? I've been seeing this on display everywhere. It's the one for $99 right? It looks so cute!

Yeah, kinda agree with you on the exersaucer. Although I have seen some where you can dismantle the baby support and then let the toy part lie flat on the ground so it converts to an activity toy for older babies. But still, it's really expensive

Comment

Last edited by Medusa; 15-11-2008, 12:56 AM. Reason: ......................

Comment

Hi Mummies

I've thinking of buying a push walker cum rider for my eleven-month old. She has developed a keen interest in such toys, and off late, she's taking to pushing chairs and boxes around the house. I figured that a rider with pedals will be too advanced for her?

Any good recommendations? Browsed at Toys R Us, the Little Tike one is quite reasonably priced at $59. The recommended age is 9-36 months, but I'm wondering if there is something better out there.

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Marge
                          Hi Mummies

I've thinking of buying a push walker cum rider for my eleven-month old. She has developed a keen interest in such toys, and off late, she's taking to pushing chairs and boxes around the house. I figured that a rider with pedals will be too advanced for her?

Any good recommendations? Browsed at Toys R Us, the Little Tike one is quite reasonably priced at $59. The recommended age is 9-36 months, but I'm wondering if there is something better out there.

TIA
                          Marge, I can't quite recommend a walker since the one I have, I actually got it 2nd hand from the shop in Tanglin shopping center. But one advice in your choice of walker, make sure to test the walker yourself to see if the handle is positioned such a way that when baby leans on it to push it, the walker doesn't tip over. For new walkers, they tend to lean their weight on the handle, and if the handle is too far back, the walker might tip over.

Hope the explanation's clear

Comment

Yah, think a stable walker will do for the moment, we'll leave the pedals and tricycles for a later period.

Comment

Hi mommies,

I just wanted to see what toys your toddlers are playing with now.

My girl's almost two and we're contemplating getting her a nice dollhouse for her 2nd birthday. The nice ones I can find in toys -r-us are the Dora talking dollhouse and a wooden one.

Anyone got a dollhouse for their daughter? Reviews? Any other toys for toddling kids which are must have for you?

Comment

Working...
                              X