No announcement yet.

Elimination Communication/Infant Potty Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're welcome, E! Ya, I think three months is a good time to start because he'll have gained better head control then, making it easier for him to sit on the potty.

Glad to know that you are successful with EC'ing your babies, CG! Any tips to share with the mothers who are keen on EC'ing here?

Right now, for pee, I still can't read her cues. What I do is I put her on the potty every 30 minutes and so far, she's been able to pee on command. But sometimes I was too late and she'd already peed :Doh: Poo is definitely easier and so far, I've managed to catch all her poos

I always have a toy ready for Emily when I get her to sit on the potty to make sure that she doesn't protest. I also want her to see sitting on the potty a pleasant experience so I sometimes read to her too - a bit challenging to do because she keeps on wanting to grab my book!

Comment

Well... I guess you'll 1st have to be very hardworking in bringing the potty to your baby on a scheduled timing and to clean the potty immediately after use. No doubt there will be times when mess could happen and all these means extra chore to do, but it should be all worth it. Plus, saving in diaper & nappy rash creams!!! Don't be dismay if you catch nothing. Once the baby get the hang of it, he/she will even immediately pee the minute his/her bottom touches the potty without you even need to .

This is how my mum thought me to handle my infant then and a potty all at 1 time. I was so amazed :wow: that it actually works and took a picture of this memorable moment!!!
      1. Hold potty with your thighs or legs.
      2. Hold baby's thighs and place baby sitting on the potty while baby rest lying on adult's tummy or side of the hand in inclining position.

potty in this pic is a medium size one, far too large for my 2 weeks old baby then, but it's still possible after my mum showed to the how-to.
      HTHs

P/S, not to worry, in the pic, only her little stomach was disposed a little, but nothing else!!
      Last edited by GG; 19-04-2005, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your invaluable experience and that pic, CG! That's what I do with Emily sometimes too!

Comment

seems like i've got to constantly monitor the possible "signals" that my baby might b showing in order to bring him to his potty timely..
          so if i'm working.. it kinda defeats the purpose yah, if i were to try n train him in the evening when i am back home?

Comment

Priscillia, do that during your off day when you're taking care of your child. If you can, tell your caregiver so too to start the training whenever possible.
            It's not like you must train your child now, but it's good if you can start early as a form of introduction. He'll soon pick it up faster you can imagine!!
            If there is a willl, there is a way.
            Last edited by GG; 19-05-2005, 01:58 PM.

Comment

My SIL only started training my niece when she was about 14 months old. Now at 19 months old, she can already say when she wants to pee and poo and goes diaper-less during the day with hardly any accidents so I do think that it's still ok to start late.

Comment

ic.. shall try it .. haha! when my baby's born.. keke!

Comment

Gyle is coming to 7 month but have not start on potty train yet. hee hee cos he has a very lazy mum

Comment

me too!!!! i bought a potty - inspired by the EC article. But till today yet to start. I am already too lazy to use cloth diapers. I'm on my own, no maid or extra pair of hands, so I keep procrastinating.

let me get a full night's sleep before i start

Comment

Last edited by Medusa; 15-11-2008, 12:30 AM. Reason: ....................

Comment

4 potties?!

Yeah just get the traditional plastic potty, it's cheap and

Now my little gal has the habit of reading a book while doing her BIG business!!! :Doh:

Comment

An update on my EC'ing effort:

I've given up on EC'ing for pee because she's a lot more mobile now so it's difficult to catch her. However, now that she can already walk really well, I plan to keep her diaper-less during the day and get her to pee every 20-30 minutes or so. Sure, there'll be accidents at first but I am confident that she'll soon be able to tell me when she needs to pee.

As for EC'ing poo, Emily's been doing really well. She can now tell me when she needs to poo by saying 'ng ng' and looking at the potty. So I guess she understands what 'ng ng' means and can verbalise her need to poo. I am so proud of her

Comment

Last edited by Medusa; 14-11-2008, 11:45 PM. Reason: ................

Comment

haha Mel, how come??
                              I think most likely she felt the motion inside her and freezed.

Comment

Last edited by Medusa; 14-11-2008, 11:44 PM. Reason: ....................

Comment

Working...
                                X