What training cups do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What training cups do you use?

I'm currently using Avent magic cup w/o the valve but planning to buy another one, any suggestions? Should I get one with straw (Pigeon/Gerber)?

I'm using the Pigeon Magmag.

Comment

I'm using a pigeon straw cup as well, but not the magmag...
      it's the one i posted here

she always look forward to drinking water cuz she loves her cup so much

Comment

I am using Pigeon MagMag and my baby loves it The straw is ultra soft so you don't have to worry about it poking your baby's eyes, face etc. The other training cups all have rather hard and stiff straws.

Comment

Using the Camera training cup with the straw. It was a gift

Baby LOVES the straw and sucks alot of water in with it. Was thinking of buying the Magmag cup since the straw hole is big enough for the Pigeon straw cleaner brush to go in. I can't clean my current straw and worried that germs buildup with time.

Comment

Hmmm, maybe I can try the Pigeon one too! Is 15 months too old for using training cup? Or should I just feed him using our normal cup?

Comment

geliz,

Feed your child from the normal cup. Once they have progressed to be able to drink directly from the normal cup, the non-straw Pigeon cup is pretty useless!! I've got one and I think it's a waste of money!! I doesn't work very well... IMHO.

Comment

my gal used the pigeon magmag cup from 8 to 15 mths, simultaneously I taught her to drink from a regular cup. now she either drinks from the munchkins toddler bottle with a pop up straw or from a cup.

geliz - i think at 15 mths old, no point wasting money on the training cup or mag mag, go straight to a regular cup or those bottles with regular straws.

Comment

BTW can i know when can i start to teach my boy to use trainning cup, when i have started the trainning cup should i stop using bottle to feed him milk ??

Comment

Hmmm, bottle with straw, Gerber one can? I don't think he know how to suck from straw so have to train him.

Comment

this is the bottle i'm using for my gal. but i'm sure your gerber one will work fine, just try and teach ur son to suck from straw first.

summerday, there's no ideal time to stop the bottle. my daughter only uses the magmag and straw cups for water and juices, she still must have her milk in a bottle (she's 19 mths). i'm hoping to wean her by 2 but given her dependence on the bottle, it'll be a hugh challenge.
                      Last edited by Moo; 26-04-2005, 10:57 AM.

Comment

OT but I need help/suggestions in getting my baby to drink more fluids other than milk. She is like a camel because she only drinks milk (four times a day, about 18 oz in total) and hardly drinks any other fluids in between. She drinks some soup during meal times and about 30-40 ml (already considered a lot in her case!) of water in between. Ever since I started EC'ing (see another thread), I've become more conscious of her output and her pees are so little in amount and so yellow most of the times. I am so worried that she'll become dehydrated, especially now that the weather is so hot. I've tried giving her plain water, all kinds of 100% fruit juices (apple, apple & pear, grape, guava etc) and ribena but she only tolerates plain water because she'll at least drink a little of it at a time. She won't drink water from a bottle. That's why I bought the Pigeon MagMag straw cup. She'll sip from it but only very little at a time. I feel like I've tried everything, except giving her carbonated drinks - believe me, I've been tempted to give it to her because she just won't drink anything!

What should I do? Or do I have to resign myself to the fact that I've given birth to a camel baby that survives on little fluids?

Comment

ariel - you've only tried the magmag cup for a short period of time. you need to slowly coax her to get her water intake to increase, her pee will then be less yellow.

JMHO - no need for other fluids except milk and water. my daughter doesn't really drink barley or juices, she's 90% on water and milk and 10% soup - i'm not concerned cos the love for sugared/flavoured drinks will automatically happen when she's older.

Comment

Thanks Moo!

The thing is, she is no longer drinking EBM (I stopped pumping when she turned six months old - supply issues). That's why I am worried about her fluid intake as FM is supposedly more 'heaty' right?

Comment

yep fm is more heaty than bm but with sufficient water intake, she should be ok, slowly coax, no hurry on the barley or juices.

Comment

Working...
                              X