Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother's Day Treat

Hi there!

Any suggestions on places with good ambience and food within the budget of S$35 per pax? Will love to bring mum out for a nice meal.

Can anyone tell me when is Mother's Day and do you all have any ideas what to do? i am rather broke.

edited: as seen on thread title

Comment

mother's day is on 9th may right? not doing anything special for my mum cos most probably she would be working that day, have bought her a bracelet from poh heng though, cost me a cool $205, have to 'chiak hong' (literally eating air cos no money left) for next month

not sure about what you can do but usually me and my bros will treat my mum (i pay the bulk cos i'm working and they are still young and studying)

Comment

Yep Mother's Day is on the 9th of May. I want to get my mum this perfume Anais Anais by Cacharel. But I haven't seen that perfume in stores in a long time. Anyone know which stores still carry this fragrance?

Comment

How about cyrstal jade kitchen or crystal jade la mien xiao long bao? Or the local buffet at Goodwood Park?

Comment

I'm not sure what to get or do either...i'm sooo dead broke usually we eat with my mum and her extended family, including my grandma and i'll be the one buying the cake

Comment

my boss raves about the Marriott Hotel's Crossroads Cafe buffet. it's around that price range i think. she says the food there is top quality even tho' the selection isn't jaw-dropping. good ambience too!

Comment

A red packet of $100 for my mom as usual and an electric toothbrush for my SO's mom. Think she likes to use electric toothbrush but is now using a cheap and imo, inferior one from Pasar Malam which brush head can't even be changed. Got her a Braun from Watson. Really broke too but luckily this comes from our joint a/c.

Comment

mother's day is on my birthday! my poor dad's going to have a real headache. - -

Comment

im getting my mum some lipsticks and maybe other MU items..
                    her lipsticks are running low..

Comment

Here's an idea for those who're broke:

Wake up early and surprise mom with breakfast in bed, then volunteer to do all the chores for the day so she can have a good rest!

Comment

What do u give to a lady who has everything in the world?

Plus she is super anal about housework so me doing chores will only upset her. Messing up her kitchen will not be a viable option either.

Maybe I'll just wrap my dad with ribbons and whatnots. ta da! her pressie! *poor dad*

Comment

Originally posted by momopeach
                          Yep Mother's Day is on the 9th of May. I want to get my mum this perfume Anais Anais by Cacharel. But I haven't seen that perfume in stores in a long time. Anyone know which stores still carry this fragrance?
                          think i saw this at metro tampines before give it a try?

me and my bros already do most of the household chores except cooking and washing clothes so we wont offer more help, haha...

Comment

my ma is in singapore so i guess no chance of me going back to spend Mother's Day with me

probably sent her a card.....

Comment

thanks for the replies.

hey anemone, great idea with the breakfast thing.

I think i will cut Gardenia bread in heart shape and then fry some omelette and hotdog.

any suggestions what else to go with a western breakfast?
                              Last edited by citrella; 27-04-2004, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X