Hair removal cream safe for pregnancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair removal cream safe for pregnancy

Can someone pls recommend the hair removal cream that is safe to use for preggies? I can't wait to get rid of those unsightly hair. I don't like to shave, can I pluck during preggie?

I hope this is the right place to post this but I just had to share!

On a spur of a moment, I decided to go for my "virgin" brazillian wax. I'm currently about 5.5 months along and thought it would be a good thing to give it to try, after reading that they shave us at delivery.

Thanks to a gf, she recommended Vivian from Beauty Box and really, she's good. The process was pretty fast, took her 20 minutes, because she said she went slow as I had declared that I was afraid of pain and also preggie. She even helped me with some ingrown hairs etc.

Definitely an experience I wouldn't shy away from in future. Now I know what the other ladies have been raving about all this while!

Comment

there's no evidence that hair removal creams are harmful.some women get very sensitive skin in pregnancy so do a patch test 24 hours before you use them - even creams you were not sensitive to in pregnancy can produce an adverse reaction when you are pregnant. Be sure to use a soothing antiseptic lotion to the area before and after waxing or plucking. This will prevent infection, reduce irritation and lessen any redness. IMO, the best option is still shaving during pregnancy.

Comment

are you refering to armpit's hair, there is no reason why you cannot pluck during preggie but of uses of hair removal...I'm not sure but I always stay away from any chemical use during preggie. I don't even recommend use of perfume, dye, and although they are some people says it's alright to use. You can try lavera shop in citylink (no harmful ingredients) but I do not know if they have hair removal cream.

Comment

Thanks juliet.

Comment

Chox,
            I asked my friend about waxing, and she also recommend vivian.
            I'm keen to try it. Did she suggest you to do brazilian wax? I'm thinking of bikini wax first. Might not be used to the bare look. Or is there any design?

Comment

Yes, there's design to choose. It's S$46 for brazilian wax with design to choose. My friend told me that Strip offer this service Design wise - there's a poster in their room for you to make decision.

Comment

:wow: That's great! My SO is suggesting Heart shape.

Comment

Originally posted by mayne_berlin
                  Can someone pls recommend the hair removal cream that is safe to use for preggies? I can't wait to get rid of those unsightly hair. I don't like to shave, can I pluck during preggie?

the brizillian wax is a good idea... you can try that...

dont mind me asking... are you expecting mabel?

Comment

Bingo, Audrey! I'm now into my 5th months. will be trying out waxing soon.

Comment

Hi can anyone pass me the contact for viven from beauty box? would like to try too!thanks!

Comment

i dont even dare to wax my legs now because my skin is extra sensitive. But i do epilate my legs...let the gynae see me in my hairy glory la i dont care anymore. As for creams, before i knew i was preg, i did use Veet, scary right? But i stopped already now. ANy cream which is so heavy on chemicals cant be good...i dont even lighten my hair through bleach usage even though i read a book that said cream bleaches are safe for use during preg.

Comment

What I think is it is better to be safe than sorry. Hence I would not use any chemicals if I can during pregnancy. For my 2nd pregancy, I used organic oil for my stretch marks and another organic cream for my sore nipples (breastfeeding).

I wonder how much brazilian wax costs now at Strip. Anyone can update? My sis did that at Strip and it costed $40 I think.

chox, mind passing me the contact number for viven too? Do u happen to know if Beauty Box does the face as well? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X