portable booster seats (for dining)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• portable booster seats (for dining)

i'm referring to those booster seats that can be fitted onto an adult chair so that baby can sit at the table without the use of a high chair.

anyone knows where to get these and whether they are useful? TIA!

Chairs in restaurants are different in dimensions so to find a booster seat that fits well into most chair is difficult. My workplace has to custom make booster seats to fit into the chairs. Would you consider custom making one? I think just a normal tailor will be able to do it for you. If you need more info, I can check it out for you too.

Comment

Maybe there are adjustable booster seats out there in the market. it ain't a difficult concept

Comment

I'm using Safetly 1st fold-up booster (pic below) seat at home and ocassionally I would bring it to my mum's place to use. I don't bring this when dining out at restaurants. My experience is so far so good.

This booster seat will not work well on cushion chair as it will not be stable.
        There is one currently on auction Yahoo-auction. You may want to check it out. However there was a recall of this booster seat on models 173, 173A and 173B. Read link . So do check carefully before purchase.

Comment

thanks gg! that's something like what i'm looking for. also to feed her when i'm at my mum's place. but was thinking if it's plastic then it's not really that compact, found this on the internet but not sure if it's available here?

it's apparently inflatable with a self-inflate valve. think it will be useful especially when i'm at restaurants with really dirty and gross high chairs. i'm really grossed out about dirty high chairs...

Comment

Originally posted by artichoke
            Chairs in restaurants are different in dimensions so to find a booster seat that fits well into most chair is difficult. My workplace has to custom make booster seats to fit into the chairs. Would you consider custom making one? I think just a normal tailor will be able to do it for you. If you need more info, I can check it out for you too.
            thanks artichoke, but what type of custom seats are they? plastic type? wouldn't it be terribly expensive to custom make one? it doesn't have to fit every type of chair, but should have straps to secure it to the chairs.

Comment

crystal, my reservation for the seat you're interested in is it's stability. Unless your young child sit still on the booster seat, else the base of the seat may tilt from one side to the other side since it's inflatable. Child may fall off easily if so, in addition there isn't a left & right arm rest to guard a child a little.
              I read it's recommended to 1yr. and above, not quite for a baby.

Comment

I think too it is more suitable for a toddler then a baby. The inflatable one yes Singapore has it check out Toys R Us and also http://www.firstfewyears.com.sg/pdts.asp?cid=12 they don't seem to have it on their website thou.

Comment

Thanks ashlee! will go toys r us to take a look.

Comment

crystal, yap don't think it's worth while to custom make one at all. i was actually thinking of a cushion style one. Just like a pillow below the bottom. Easy to carry around.

Comment

i'm using the same one as GG, so far so good. we don't bother bringing it out to restaurants either, most places have high chairs.

Comment

Working...
                      X