Nursery for your new born!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nursery for your new born!

setting up and decorating for new born is always so exiciting...
    i'm currently sourcing for ideas and ways to make the nursery room a little cosier and warmly feel for my little one when he's due...

anyone have any tips / photos/ ideas of your lovely nursery to share?

llllllllllllllll
    Last edited by Medusa; 15-11-2008, 12:11 AM. Reason: .................

Comment

Mel, I like the way you block off the play area with the play yard. do the two ends secure properly to the wall? will she knock them down if she leans on the play yard pieces?

rachel won't stay in the playpen. screams her head off. it used to be ok leaving her crawling around but now she can open doors, drawers, climb the sofa, and is into toppling the standing lamp wonder if the play yard is a good idea or is she already too violent for it

Comment

Last edited by Medusa; 15-11-2008, 12:06 AM. Reason: .................

Comment

Hi Mel!

I still haven't got around to getting the play-yard because we are still living with the in-laws. We can only move into the new house by early September the earliest. I really want to get it for Emily but am worried that she'll outgrow it very soon since it's not that tall or secure.

Does Athena ever attempt to scale it? If I don't put heavy objects around it, can it be toppled easily? I am planning to put it at a corner in the living room rather than in her bedroom since we will spend most of the day downstairs.

Comment

Last edited by Medusa; 15-11-2008, 12:06 AM. Reason: ...............

Comment

thanks Mel! the description fit my situation perfectly... haha including the smirk from the spouse especially when i buy anything over a hundred bucks for the kid and it stops being useful after a few minutes

i suppose it will stay useful till she is tall enough to climb over. not giving her any chairs inside since she is already climbing... (need a smiley with head shaking side to side)

thanks!

Comment

hi hi medusa,
                thanks for sharing! you've got yourself a lovely and well equipped nursery there!must be a lot of hardwork in setting it up!

i was toying with the idea of getting those self adhesive cartoon sticker that stretches across the room and some cute posters n all.
                i see that you did a great job in blending in diff themes!
                was in for the idea of all BLUE for boy / all PINK for gals. .... but i reckon its kinda boring. i like your idea of fun where there's a mixture of colors!
                loved the play area and it really look safe and cosy for your gal to hang ard in there for many hours of play! hehe

yup i believe the first few months hubby and me will opt to co-sleep, a little corner for a mattress will be sufficient i guess.
                as for storage, still thinking where should i go & source for cabinets / shelvings to store bb clothes and all the necessities...the first pl i can think of is IKEA.
                not sure if those toyogo like shelvings will do the job / should i get proper medium size cabinet.... :Doh: Hmmmmm

just got a cot and i heard from the sales person that for most cots, once its set up will not be able to go thru the room door! so the idea of pushing the cot back n froth the nursery room and our master bedroom becomes almost impossible!

went to scout for some bedding sets for cots and didn't realise the cost as much as our king size bedding setfainted

Comment

Thanks for sharing the link, Mel! I think I'll just go ahead and get it though it's so expensive here. I saw a 6-panel set going for RM388!

Comment

i got my haenim baby play yard today! from kidsmall at $99. hubby wanted to buy 2 sets (8 panels) at first because we saw how one mummy set her up on another forum.
                    http://www.baybsupplies.biz/forum/to...?topic_id=2590

also because he thought 4 panels wouldn't be able to stand. that's what the SA said too, but i thought if you positioned it correctly it should be able to so decided to get one set to try first.

this is her new play area and she loves it! because we can go in and play with her, not like the playpen which will probably crash if either one of us tried to get in

Comment

Originally posted by tulips
                      as for storage, still thinking where should i go & source for cabinets / shelvings to store bb clothes and all the necessities...the first pl i can think of is IKEA.

just got a cot and i heard from the sales person that for most cots, once its set up will not be able to go thru the room door! so the idea of pushing the cot back n froth the nursery room and our master bedroom becomes almost impossible!

went to scout for some bedding sets for cots and didn't realise the cost as much as our king size bedding setfainted
                      word of caution : when installing ikea shelves (or any lightweight shelves) be sure to install the anti-topple device to the wall and not overload the shelves. someone's kid got killed trying to climb the shelves and the kid was about 1 yr old, in the climbing phase i guess. not sure if they did install the device. btw this is not meant to defame ikea in anyway because i'm probably the biggest ikea fan there is but this unfortunate incident really happened to my SIL's friend's professor's kid.

for the cot, it's not true that it cannot be moved. just need to know how. you can't push it in the usual way, need to lift up on its side (headboard facing floor and foot of bed facing ceiling, then it can go through doors, even a narrow hallway.

for cot sheets, ikea has some basics that are not too expensive. aussino also has a nice range, but don't buy too many of the quilt sets, because you won't need the quilt much. i got mine on sale and it was about 70 bucks for 2 cot bumpers, quilt cover, pillow case, bolster case, comes with pillow,quilt and bolster as well. their cot jersey sheets are also very comfy. been using since day 1 and still in very good condition.

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by Medusa
                        I surfed upon someone online who illustrated her use of the play-yard, maybe it'd help better than my descriptions hehe.
                        http://www.parentsphere.com/home/use...&view=extended
                        I have a bout of visitors from cozymom to my website at http://www.parentsphere.com/user/hunnybunz and popped in to take a look. This forum is really interesting and I will sure stick ard a little.

I've also decorated my son's room based on the Montessori principles. can take a look at http://www.parentsphere.com/home/use...&view=extended
                        Last edited by glchuah; 16-08-2005, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Actually, it depends on the brand and size of the cot, cos mine cannot go thru the door also, no matter how I adjust it.....

Originally posted by wanderlust
                          for the cot, it's not true that it cannot be moved. just need to know how. you can't push it in the usual way, need to lift up on its side (headboard facing floor and foot of bed facing ceiling, then it can go through doors, even a narrow hallway.

Comment

[..........................
                            Last edited by Medusa; 15-11-2008, 12:03 AM. Reason: ..................

Comment

Working...
                            X