Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Maternity Leave...

Hi

Pardon me for being "sua-ku", does the 8 weeks maternity leave include weekends (assuming a 5-day work week) or does it refer to 56 working days?

Yena, I believe it includes weekends.

For example, if this is your first confinement and you take the 12 weeks ML en bloc (continuously), the computation will be:

Monthly Gross salary + Employer CPF X 12 X (No. of calendar days consumed) / 365 days

You can get more information here.

Comment

Thanks, Queenie! I'll need to plan for my maternity leave now.
      Last edited by Glossie; 15-10-2005, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Are you planning to take them en bloc?

Comment

Yes. Maternity leave includes weekends and public holidays.

Comment

Are single mothers or unwed mothers-to-be entitled to the same duration of maternity leave? *curious*

Comment

Think not... Read here http://www.mom.gov.sg/LRD/Government...nity+Leave.htm

Comment

Q: Are single (unmarried) mothers eligible for maternity leave?

A: Yes, if she is covered under the Employment Act. She will be entitled to 12 weeks of maternity leave for all confinements. The first 8 weeks of maternity leave for the first 2 confinements will be employer-paid if she has served the employer for at least 180 days. Beyond this, she will not be entitled to any payment during her maternity leave, unless her employer chooses to pay her voluntarily. She will also not qualify for Government-paid maternity leave.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/FAQs/QualityWo...iseligible.htm

Comment

Sorry... I wasn't clear. I did mean the 3rd month leave. The 1st 2 months maternity is quite a norm already.
                  It's the 3rd month leave that has quite some exceptions. Not all will get that, as in paid by the gov, hence would opt for returning to work.
                  Last edited by GG; 15-10-2005, 11:25 PM.

Comment

No worries, GG. And thanks for the link. I had no idea about such details

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
                      Are single mothers or unwed mothers-to-be entitled to the same duration of maternity leave? *curious*
                      I did a check before, also no baby bonus. Not fair at all!!

Comment

not just unfair to single mothers. self-employed mothers don't get paid for the additional 4 weeks till the 3rd confinement. and for the first 2 confinements, only 4 weeks are paid by Govt, capped at $10,000 per confinement.

how's that for encouraging entrepreneurship?

Comment

this is highly dependent on your company's policy. different companies operate on different basis. some companies go strictly on 56 days while some count in 8 weeks minus saturdays and sundays so it's best to verify with your hr dept

Comment

Working...
                          X