Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any moms of 3 kids here?

Hi moms,

Am wondering if there's any mommy of 3 here? Can share some views on having 3 kids? Do u regret it? Or is it more fulfilling than having 2 kids? How different is it between having 2 kids and 3 kids?

I'm in total dillema now. I have 2 boys and am thinking whether should i go for no.3 Hb would love to have another child but for myself, i know 2 is not enough, 3 will be best. However, am afraid of starting all over again. Guess this is all too common for moms who are going to have baby.2/3 yeah? Eg: Night feed, breast feeding, out of shape body, lost of freedom to go dating with hb etc.

Besides these factors, i really dont think my maid will be able to handle 3 kids if i were to leave the house for my aerobics classes, facials or dentist appointment etc. Sigh. So most prob i will be all tight up daily. Come to think of it, it's really scary!

But i do know that if i don't try for baby no.3 by next year, i will never want to have another kid again. And i know by the time when i'm in my mid 30s, i will regret it for not having 3 kids because having 2 children is not enough ( i come from a family of 6 siblings and i love it!)

Hope to have some feedback from moms of 3 or moms who are keen on 3 babies or moms of 2 thinking of 3 babies/ stopping at 2

i've 2 kids and I think it's enough also although my hubby wants more...The whole prenancy process and taking cares of newborn just scares me, and I think I have enough. Dilema too, I think it will be more fun and lively if you have more kids when they grow up...sometimes when I looks at friends with 3 kids or more, I think it's not that bad. You know, kids grow up fast, as long as they are 2 yrs old and up, it's easiler to take care...

Comment

Same as Juliet. I have 2 kids now, both natural delivery with no epidural. I am working full time so even with 2 only I find that I don't have enough time for them. I feel it is unfair to them if I have a 3rd one, because I will have even less time for them. If I strike a few million dollars TOTO, and don't have to work, then I will have a 3rd baby. I can hire one babysitter for each of them, a maid to do housework only, a chauffeur to drive us around. I am daydreaming !

It will be wonderful if siblings get along well with each other. But I know a mother whose twin boys constantly fight with each other, that will be a nightmare !

Comment

Thanks for the feedback ladies. My thoughts now are exactly like this emoticon here

Like what Juliet mentioned, once the kids are 2 years old and above, life's a breeze! So it's the first 2 years that scare me off. Oh well, maybe i will try for no.3 afterall, for hb and for myself. I don't want to have this feeling for the rest of my life, wondering how will my family be if there's another baby. Personally, i feel once the kids start going to school and have their own friends, have their own things to do, i'm afraid i might feel the house is too quiet or something. Or worst, if they were to go overseas for studies! I know i can keep myself occupied with all the freetime, but i would really love to have children around me at the same time

From my own experience (my elder boy is 3.5 yrs old and younger one is 1.5 years old),

- having only 1 child
        Life's tough! I always have to be there to play/entertain and attention is always needed. Plus the fact that there is no need for helper then, so i did everything by myself. Felt kinda lonely then, because it was always baby and i.

- having 2 children
        Life's a breeze! I love my life to the fullest. Plus the fact that i have a helper makes my life easier. Both kids play own their own all the time. I hardly need to play with them anymore. Most of the time, i'm free to do what i wanna do Most importantly, i love looking at them and think wow, these 2 boys are mine! Sounds so silly but it's really satisfying! Or hold them both at the same time. I love it!

I wonder if with 3 children, will life be easier than having 2 children, or on par, or worst than having only 1 child. There's only one way to find out and i think, i sort of made up my mind to find out

Again, thanks ladies

ps: i know my mom and my mil dont support the idea of me having 3 kids though!

Comment

Hi Cherie,

I can't relate to thinking about 3 kids yet but is it really true that 2 kids are better than having 1? Or is it because your helper eased the workload?

I don't forsee myself every getting a permanent helper, so my part time cleaners will probably stay. But just wondering how difficult it is to cope with two kids. Your kids are 2 years apart? Wasn't it difficult to handle a 1 year old while pregnant with the second one?

Actually to your comment about no time to go dating with hubby...sigh, even with one kid also no time to go dating already, so I guess any number of kids will not make a difference?

Comment

I am stopping at 2!!! There you go!!

Comment

Originally posted by wanderlust
              Hi Cherie,

I can't relate to thinking about 3 kids yet but is it really true that 2 kids are better than having 1? Or is it because your helper eased the workload?

I don't forsee myself every getting a permanent helper, so my part time cleaners will probably stay. But just wondering how difficult it is to cope with two kids. Your kids are 2 years apart? Wasn't it difficult to handle a 1 year old while pregnant with the second one?

Actually to your comment about no time to go dating with hubby...sigh, even with one kid also no time to go dating already, so I guess any number of kids will not make a difference?
              Hi wanderlust,

Having 2 kids, the initial months were tough esp if u're without helper. U'll feel like giving up most of the time. I was with without help for over a week, when second bb was 1 month old. Total nightmare coz the elder one is still young, and was in the jealous stage (when bb first arrived) so, everytime when i need to put bb to sleep, he wouldn't leave us alone or when the elder one needs to sleep, bb will cry in the other room, so on and so forth. I almost died. Then helper came and things got so much better. But after bb turns one, things are so much better. These days, i can cope without helper around anymore because like i said, they are now much older and enjoy each other's companionship alot

Yup, my kids are 2 years apart. Coping while i was preggy with no 2? Hmm.. only the first 4 months when i was having morning sickness, it was tough. I was mostly on the bed and had to bring toys, books etc to bed so that elder son can play around me.. After the 4th month, i was all fine and was able to carry on as usual

Hehe, actually i still go dating with hb at least once a week. Usually, it's after kids asleep (on weekdays) that we go for supper or movie or just a stroll on the beach. On weekends, they will be at my in laws' place, so sat night is normally dating night for us unless pil are busy. But with no.3, think we'll only be able to go out after all are asleep even on the weekends. Wont be nice to leave all 3 at in laws place already then

Comment

Cherie,

I am like you... not sure to have one more or not. I have 2 boys too and hope to have a girl. But if 3rd boy comes along, we are still ok with it. But like what you said, going through the whole process again is really tiring and scary. On the other hand, if don't try, when get older sure will regret of not having no. 3.

haizzz

Comment

Hi daphnehoon,

Same as you too! I'm definitely hoping for a girl but hb still wants another boy *faint* So whether it's a boy or girl it's fine with us

I think i will probably try to conceive only in Feb/March. Am wanting a year end baby so that i can still go to France next July

Comment

Cherie,

Are you sure you want a year end baby? I am trying to avoid a year baby... my #2 born in Dec 03. My most headache part having a year end baby is the education. Next year I am not sure to put him in Pre Nursery or stay put in Growing Up Gifted Playgroup. He will be 25 months in Jan 06 and I believe he will be the youngest in PN (if I ever put him there). Imagine, those born in Jan is way faster then those in Dec. Jan babies is like kor kor and jie jie while mine is still baby.

headache.

and headache about the 3rd child.

Comment

Lol So many headaches!

Yeah, i know about the education for year end baby thingie. Think i'm fine with it, at most i will only enrol him to PN when she/he is 4 I don't want a 2007 baby, feel i'm too old then So year end baby will be just nice to accomadate things. If too early, i'll blow up my chance to go for my bestie's wedding in France and my chance to become a bridesmaid too! Hehe.. yup, my friend still wants me to be her bridesmaid even if i get preggy

Your child in GUG? Mine too! Which day are u at? Mine's Tue and Thus and will be moving up to 18mths group (GymTots) next month

Comment

Ya, mine is at GUG Tue and thurs 11:30am slot. He is in gifted tots... now 21 months. hope to see you one day.

Comment

See ya

Comment

the best is don't think about it too much and let nature takes it course. Like during our parent 's time, we are not well-off, but they don't really thinks too much and just raise us up. I think if you wants a 3rd kid, then just do it, if not will regret...

Comment

i ve 3 kids.

1st 4yrs old..... shot gun
                              2nd 1.5yrs ...... accident made in japan during belated honeymoon. Condoms too
                              expensive there heheeeee + count date wrongly
                              3rd 2mths...... super accident. wore condoms oreadi but til today, me n hubby
                              still wonder what went wrong???
                              Abortion was not on my list so i guess, God's Gift, must take ***... hahahaa
                              Anyways, No regrets. So cute!!!!! But i must admit, its really hard work! Hopefully when 3rd bb gets older (1yr) then i can breathe easy.
                              Got my IUCD done on monday. NO more for me....

Comment

Working...
                              X