Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How often to feed?

Hi

I'm currently breastfeeding my 2-week old baby and supplementing with formula milk. 90ml of formula milk is given every 3 hours or so. But sometimes, it couldn't last till the next feed.

Should the milk be given on demand or should it be given at regular intervals?

i think at the age of two week the feeding should be at demend as you dont know how well your baby can digest , as some are fast and some are slow it really depend on the baby.

Comment

I agree it should be given on demand.

Comment

On demand, especially when it's your breast milk.

Comment

agree, at this age should be on demand. my 2 girls only regulated their feeds to regular intervals at abt a mth old.

Comment

Originally posted by yena0804
            Hi

I'm currently breastfeeding my 2-week old baby and supplementing with formula milk. 90ml of formula milk is given every 3 hours or so. But sometimes, it couldn't last till the next feed.

Should the milk be given on demand or should it be given at regular intervals?
            hi, i posted on your other thread before I saw this. Supplementing with formula will make it difficult to increase your milk supply becuase it works on demand and supply. You should feed on demand.

Learn to read the early feeding cues - baby's head may be turning from side to side with the little mouth looking for your breast. Some babies will start to suck on their fists when they are hungry. By the time baby cries, that means baby is REALLY very hungry! When nursing, check that baby's lips are flanged wide opened for a good latch.

by the way, three hours is quite a long gap, especially for breastfed babies. Breastmilk is easily digestible and absorbed by baby, so breastfed babies tend to feed more frequently - and it's a good thing! it's what helps you build up your milk supply rapidly. My son used to nurse every 90 minutes in the first three months of his life!

If you drop the supplementation and nurse on demand, and baby latches well, your supply will increase in no time.

Comment

Working...
            X