Nice Chinese Dinner for 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Chinese Dinner for 2

Hi anyone can recommend a chinese restaurant which serves good food and offer can 'romantic' dinner setting? It's kinda wierd asking for a 'romantic chinese restaurant' but please help!! Or maybe some place where it is quieter and more private, not like the typical noisy chinese restaurant.... I have to look for a place to celebrate my bf's birthday.... Something like Li Bai @ Sheraton Hotel and Jade @ Fullerton will be fine, but I am looking for a place we've not been to before. Luckily I have till late Jan to think....sigh....my bf's is like a China man who prefers Chinese food and can;t live a day without rice....makes the hunting job tough!! :roll:

Try Four Seasons! I can't remember the name but it's the most intimate Chinese restaurant I've been to .... soft lighting, luxurious decor, delicious unique chinese cuisine & the most attentive service you'd expect from such a hotel.

Comment

Er, sorry....never encountered such a thing in all my life as a quiet Chinese restaurant!! *LOL* Chinese restaurants are soooo family oriented! Usually if they're quiet, it's a bad sign! *LOL*

I would have suggested Lei Garden, but that is a tad noisy....maybe if you ask for a window seat? Nice view out to Chijmes courtyard! And I love the food there....Peking Duck aside, the dishes are really yummy AND healthy at the same time....unbelievable but yes, such food exists!

I was nursing a nasty ulcer all of last week. Then I went to Lei Garden for dinner....had some of their soupy and steamed stuff, and lo and behold, the very next day my ulcer was completely gone. 8O

Comment

Originally posted by "atypical"

Try Four Seasons! I can't remember the name but it's the most intimate Chinese restaurant I've been to .... soft lighting, luxurious decor, delicious unique chinese cuisine & the most attentive service you'd expect from such a hotel.
        Stella u are referring to Jiang Nan Chun at Four Seasons? I love that place too....

Riv, how abt Lei Gardn at Chijmes? Summer Pavillion at Ritz?

Comment

Yes! Jiang Nan Jun ... ! :D

Lei Garden too bright & noisy for a lovey dovey dinner, dont you think?

The Summer Pavillion is not bad too (good food!) but i think Jiang Nan Jun is the most romantic one!

Comment

Cool! I'll check Jiang Nan Jun out! I agree that Lei Garden is a little bright and noisy.... Have not tired Summer Pavillion though...
            Last edited by Glossie; 02-12-2004, 05:25 PM.

Comment

How about Man Fu Yuan at Hotel Intercontinental? It won many years of the Wine and Dine competition, and other awards for best chinese culinary food. The awards are hanged on the wall inside the restaurant. The place is not crowded at all, 100% authenic chinese food, chinese ambience and chinese waitresses. Unless there is a large family dining there with kids, the place is mostly very quiet. Big and small tables available. Sometimes if you are lucky, you are the only customer, like you booked the whole restaurant. Service is good too. All sorts of delicacies from shark's fin to buddha jump over the wall to live seafood.

I dine there often, and also at olive tree too. I'm a member of their priority club, when i dine with another friend, i got 50% off total food bill.

Comment

When it comes to food.... I dun care if it is #%^$ noisy.... as long as the food is good.

I like Charming Garden.... there's one branch near California Fitness at Orchard Road, next to John Little.... but quite expensive

Comment

Try Jade at Fullerton

Comment

how much does dinner for 2 at jade cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamie
                      How about Man Fu Yuan at Hotel Intercontinental? It won many years of the Wine and Dine competition, and other awards for best chinese culinary food. The awards are hanged on the wall inside the restaurant. The place is not crowded at all, 100% authenic chinese food, chinese ambience and chinese waitresses. Unless there is a large family dining there with kids, the place is mostly very quiet. Big and small tables available. Sometimes if you are lucky, you are the only customer, like you booked the whole restaurant. Service is good too. All sorts of delicacies from shark's fin to buddha jump over the wall to live seafood.
                      i have been there a few times. the food is quite good but it is so quiet.... :huh: don't understand why...

Comment

Can't rem the name of the restuarants.

Other than Jiang Nan Chun (excellent food & ambience), Man Fu Yuan, Jade, you can try the following as well:

but the Chinese restuarant at Marriot Hotel (Wan Hao Xuan) is quiet as well, too quiet to feel like Chinese restuarant, you even can have like booth seat, loads of privacy

Chinese restuarant at Raffles Hotel

the 30th? floor Chinese restuarant at Pan Pacific
                        Last edited by baobei; 24-10-2003, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joelle
                          how much does dinner for 2 at jade cost?
                          It depends on what you order, abit on the high end but quite ok!

Comment

Originally posted by Blossom
                            i have been there a few times. the food is quite good but it is so quiet.... :huh: don't understand why...
                            Because it's expensive?

I second or third the Four Seasons.

I've heard about Marriot's and Orchard Hotel's. They're all pretty expensive!

Comment

My humble house! I've never been there but SO says the ambience is fantastic!

Comment

Working...
                              X