Restaurants at China SQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restaurants at China SQ?

Any recommendations for the restaurants at CHina SQ?

i went thru there yesterday and saw quite a lot of resturants that have rather nice nice ambience. =)

anyone been there before?

thanks?

Huh? My territory! What sort of restaurants are you looking for? China square is a foodcourt and only has a chinese restaurant upstairs called the Teahouse. The Teahouse serves great timsum during lunch time, and on weekends, they have a tim sum buffet which is always very popular and you have to make reservations in advance. I believe it's part of the Tung Lok group.

Around the area at Far east square, there is a japanese restaurant, popiah place where you make your own popiah, Imperial Wok (chinese fusion style), manu bappu (sp?) which sells japanese noodles, house of mao, ya kun coffee, sushi tei, an african style place which sells african food i think, cafe which sells cakes and drinks, an italian restaurant, a few small snack shops and lots more.

Comment

wow...seems like there's lots of stuffs there..

Comment

there are lots of stuff there and altho' i work there, i can never remember...i say juz go and take a walk thru' and try out all of them slowly, would be fun! wish i have the luxury of that during lunch but it's usually eat and go, and then i don't wanna be anywhere near raffles place for dinner usually

Comment

I rec the Manu Bappu (not sure of sp) japanese restaurant at FE Square. Everytime I went there in the past I'd share the seafood noodles, gyoza, potato croquettes with the ex. Food is good, prices affordable, pretty nice ambience too. Oh, and you can specify how many chillis you want your noodles made with. warning : it can get very spicy!

I don't go there anymore since the ex broke up with me a few mths ago. Brings back sad memories just thinking abt it.

Comment

Yeah, I like Beppu too!

Try the Fried Chicken Ramen. It's good, spicy stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by "atypical"

Yeah, I like Beppu too!

Try the Fried Chicken Ramen. It's good, spicy stuff!
              My fave! The fried chicken ramen with 1 chili! They also came out with desserts since a few months ago. Healthy, fruity icy deserts, very yummy and good presentation.

Comment

I take 2 chillies. I have a crazy girlfirend who likes her Ramen with 8 chillies! Madness!

Comment

Originally posted by "atypical"

I take 2 chillies. I have a crazy girlfirend who likes her Ramen with 8 chillies! Madness!
                  WOW!!!! Never seen anyone beyond 4 chillis yet! The soup must be totally red! Hope to witness it one day. Unbelievable!

Comment

i've tried House of Mao before...haha...don't know why i went there..probably cos' my dad wanted to try it...Anyway the food there is pretty good, gives you the home-cooked feeling but of course tastes better and more expensive but its a good place to try out when you want some normal and nice food...

Comment

Originally posted by "Pauline"

i've tried House of Mao before...haha...don't know why i went there..probably cos' my dad wanted to try it...Anyway the food there is pretty good, gives you the home-cooked feeling but of course tastes better and more expensive but its a good place to try out when you want some normal and nice food...
                      Very chinese. Anyway, they have quite a good spread for their steamboat buffet for lunch and dinner. Somewhere with lesser crowd.

Comment

Forgot to mention my fave food The restaurant where you make your own popiah at far east square has the BEST yam basket. It's hard to find it but even harder to find good ones. Theirs is really nice, very savoury and hardly have any oily feel. Quite cheap too, about $10.

Of course, pple go there for good kong ba bao (stewed fatty pork in plain chinese bun), and popiah too.

Comment

Originally posted by "Dreamie"

Forgot to mention my fave food The restaurant where you make your own popiah at far east square has the BEST yam basket. It's hard to find it but even harder to find good ones. Theirs is really nice, very savoury and hardly have any oily feel. Quite cheap too, about $10.

Of course, pple go there for good kong ba bao (stewed fatty pork in plain chinese bun), and popiah too.
                          is the popiah resturant a buffet too? how much is it? how is the variety like?

Comment

Originally posted by "pinky"

is the popiah resturant a buffet too? how much is it? how is the variety like?
                            The popiah restaurant has no buffet, but serves dishes, noodles, rice, claypots etc etc. Their main speciality is in the popiahs which you have to make yourselves but they provide all the ingredients. Not very expensive. 6 popiahs is good for 2 persons and cost $12. Dishes range from $6-$12. Fish, veggie, meat dishes etc. I would say there is quite a variety of chinese food for you to choose from.

Comment

i used to go to china square every week for dim sum! It's this restaurant called teahouse at the top level of china square food court... their service is really pleasant and the dim sum's super yummy!! they've got a new dish that's actually a unique combination of prawns and mashed mango wrapped up like a spring roll and deep fried till it's really crispy and light. The minute u bite into it, the mango sort of oozes out a little...mmmmm...u all gotta try it!

Comment

Working...
                              X