Dim Sum / Yum Cha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dim Sum / Yum Cha

Hi all, anyone has recommendations for tim dum buffets around Singapore? Which time of the day is it available and how much is it per pax?

i tried at this restaurant on the top floor of china square before..
    hmmm..
    will get back to this thread when i got more details..
    blur sotong...forgot the price per pax
    i went on a sat afternoon....

Comment

i know this restaurant called Yunnan has pretty good dimsum buffet...can't really remember the price though...i'll ask my bf and update

Comment

Not buffet -style but Grand City at Raffles City and Lei's Garden at Orchard Towers have yummy dim sum...

Comment

yeah lei garden has great food *drools*

Comment

I like East Ocean (Dong Hai at the _Shaw_ outlet only, not the other branches). I LOVE dimsum!

Comment

me too!
              har kaw, siew mai, cheong fun! *drools*
              my favourite is the deep fried w an tan with salad cream..it's super fattening so i rarely eat this
              Last edited by Glossie; 02-12-2003, 04:31 PM.

Comment

i love the deep fried man tous with condensed milk but not sure if they have it here.. har gao is very nice too! n those w an tons.. mmmmm!! i LOVE the skin!
                Last edited by Glossie; 02-12-2003, 04:30 PM.

Comment

yeah those are yummy! i only tried them recently though

Comment

Tung Luk at Liang Court. The Dim sum buffet is a nice. You can order from the menu but at the same time is all you can eat

Comment

tung lok? yeah they have good dim sum

Comment

O/T but I went HK's Luk Yu restaurant (near to the famous Jet Goose restaurant ie. the BBQ goose that tourists pack home onto the plane), very classy had an Indian doorman, inside, retro interior (think "Old Shanghai/ The Bund" era), the seats were carved heavy timber with marble slab, antique bevelled and etched mirror insets, crisp table cloth, ceiling fans. The staff carried the trays strapped onto them and called out the names of each dish. The ambience is beyond compare (and everyone else there was *WEALTHY*. I had to choose that day to wear a SGD$3 T-shirt... argh).

The menu HAD NO PRICES. My Cantonese sucked and they had such fanciful names for the dishes I was worried sick lest every dish I ordered had some EXPENSIVE, EXOTIC ingredient so I drank mainly tea and played safe. Opening the "lo mai fan" (the wrapped rice in lotus leaf) was so scary, was hoping I wouldn't find a piece of abalone in it or something. We ate very little and when the bill came, bf and I only spent $50... but worked out to abt $7 a dish (bear in mind I deliberately tried to choose the cheapest sounding ones- quality gd of course).

Comment

i absolutely LLLOOVVVEEE Dim Sum!!!
                          i know of this place near Outram...dunno the exact address...but they serve absolutely authentic HK Dim Sum...they've got ppl pushing carts around and even some portable frying pan to fry carrot cakes for you! if you don't know how to speak cantonese might be a problem cos' the ppl working there seem to be from HK so they don't really speak Chinese or English

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline
                            i know of this place near Outram...dunno the exact address...but they serve absolutely authentic HK Dim Sum...they've got ppl pushing carts around and even some portable frying pan to fry carrot cakes for you! if you don't know how to speak cantonese might be a problem cos' the ppl working there seem to be from HK so they don't really speak Chinese or English
                            SYT I think u are referring to Red Star? That one is very authentic but the standard has dropped somehow recently. It doesn't serve buffet style though.

Jay, are u looking for weekend tim sum buffet? They usually start at 12 and ends by 3pm. Tung Lok has good eat all u want ala carte menu. I also recommend this Chinese restaurant call Pearl River at Suntec City and Dragon Pearl (or something like that) at Ngee Ann City. I tried the latter recently for a Sat afternoon tea and it was quite good..Can also try Goodwood Park's Garden Seafood for tim sum. Not sure whether they are still having promos on their eat all u want tim sum.
                            Last edited by Glossie; 07-11-2005, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Ah yes! smart meow! must've tried all the nice food in SIngapore already huh?? sadly i haven't been there in a while so i don't know abt the dropping standards...hehe :o:

Comment

Working...
                              X