Salad dressing suggestions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salad dressing suggestions!

I'm thinking of going on this 15 days detox diet to totally clear out my system. However there're lots of stuff I can't eat iwhile on the diet ncluding meat and fatty/oily stuff. Think I'm gonna be eating lots of fruits and vegetables mainly. I'm not a huge fan of salads though, except for caesar salad which is probably too rich for the detox diet so wondering if anyone has any yummy (but not too fattening/oily) salad dressing recipes to make the salads more appetizing. I can only think of balsamic vinegar but I know I will get sick of that pretty quickly........

I think I posted this before somewhere ...

Hubby & I were getting a little too pudgy & this is what we did to our salads. We definitely lost some weight!

Soy Sauce (best if you get the organic type that comes in a spray bottle. Just spray on your veggies!) & a sprinkling of Sesame Oil. You;d be surprised how flavorful it is. I rec this to my colleague & she loved it! I sometime sprinkle some crispy fried ikan bilis (anchovies) for extra flavor & crunch. HTH!

Comment

if you like spicy stuff, you can try this:

light soya sauce
      tomyam paste (any asian grocer's shld have it)
      olive oil
      chili paste
      pepper

mix it well, and toss with...well pretty much anything you want!

i use this for my pasta salad (pasta, onion, carrot, spring onion, capsicum) but you can use it on lettuce or other salad veg as well

Comment

Originally posted by vixette
        if you like spicy stuff, you can try this:

light soya sauce
        tomyam paste (any asian grocer's shld have it)
        olive oil
        chili paste
        pepper

mix it well, and toss with...well pretty much anything you want!

i use this for my pasta salad (pasta, onion, carrot, spring onion, capsicum) but you can use it on lettuce or other salad veg as well
        just wondeirng..babyflite mentioned she is going to go thru a detox program.
        can she still take stuffs like tomyam paste, olive oil and chilli paste?

Comment

Originally posted by appleger
          just wondeirng..babyflite mentioned she is going to go thru a detox program.
          can she still take stuffs like tomyam paste, olive oil and chilli paste?
          well she only asked for yummy (but not too fattening/oily) salad dressing recipes

this is yummy.
          and not that oily.
          and olive oil is good for you anyway!

dunno how suitable it is for detox
          *shrug*

Comment

wow, both suggestions sound yummy!

then like appleger commented, not sure if spicy stuff will be ok. i cant imagine not eating spicy stuff! olive oil is ok, not sure about the tomyam and chili paste. hmm....maybe i should rethink about the detox diet. 15 days straight is too much! maybe i should do it in intervals of 3 or 5 days each. wonder if it will be as effective though.

Comment

Originally posted by babyflite
              then like appleger commented, not sure if spicy stuff will be ok. i cant imagine not eating spicy stuff! olive oil is ok, not sure about the tomyam and chili paste. hmm....maybe i should rethink about the detox diet. 15 days straight is too much! maybe i should do it in intervals of 3 or 5 days each. wonder if it will be as effective though.
              15 days - you'll have to v v strict with your diet!!!
              why not just try for 3 days first and see how it goes. i've read somewhere that you only need 3-5 days to detox fully.

oh just remembered another dressing: honey mustard (honey + normal mustard or the whole grain mustard + oil)

Comment

Re: Re: Salad dressing suggestions!

Originally posted by sky
                This is easy stuff dear you can make it through! I do a 10Day total green programme every month. Just a once 15Day detox will not help much, I recommend you to start slow, not 15Day at one go, it will put you off. Start slow 1Day and then speed up to 10Day per month or maintain at least 1D per week or 5Day per month. Keep us posted. All the Best!!!
                thanks for the advice! i think i will try it for 2 or 3 days first and see how it goes. doubt i will be able to stick to it for 15 days at a time, not at the beginning anyway.

Comment

I think that's the same one I'm on, the quick cleanse internal detox program right?

I've just been doing it over the weekend coz it really is too much and I haven't been following the food guide to the letter. I still feel cleansed though.

As for salad dressing, I like a mixture of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinagrette or apple cider vinegar.

Comment

i love red vinegeritte dressing - but not so sure if it is fat free.

why not eat vegetable soup?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbread
                      I think that's the same one I'm on, the quick cleanse internal detox program right?

I've just been doing it over the weekend coz it really is too much and I haven't been following the food guide to the letter. I still feel cleansed though.

As for salad dressing, I like a mixture of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinagrette or apple cider vinegar.
                      yup, i think so! it comes with 4 different types of pills to detox your liver, stomach etc. just wondering, since you can't eat meat or carbo, does it make you feel tired and lethargic?

Originally posted by pinkify
                      i love red vinegeritte dressing - but not so sure if it is fat free.

why not eat vegetable soup?
                      i guess i can, but i generally don't like vegetables that much. i dont mind salads but other than that i only eat certain veges like gai lan, kang kong and spinach.

Comment

Originally posted by babyflite
                        yup, i think so! it comes with 4 different types of pills to detox your liver, stomach etc. just wondering, since you can't eat meat or carbo, does it make you feel tired and lethargic?
                        it did... so i started eating properly again... mostly salmon and some (very little though) meat... and heaps aheaps of veggies and fruits...

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbread
                          it did... so i started eating properly again... mostly salmon and some (very little though) meat... and heaps aheaps of veggies and fruits...
                          yah, think the food suggestions they gave is a little too extreme. i'll probably take some fish and a bit of meat too. wonder if i can live off sashimi. yumm....

Comment

i don't really fancy salads except chef salad with all the cold cuts. heh

once in a while i make myself vege soup:
                            -tomatoes
                            -red onions
                            -cabbage
                            -green pepper
                            with a pinch of salt, no oil.

yeah eating sashimi would be a good way too.

Comment

Re: Re: Salad dressing suggestions!

Originally posted by sky
                              This is easy stuff dear you can make it through! I do a 10Day total green programme every month. Just a once 15Day detox will not help much, I recommend you to start slow, not 15Day at one go, it will put you off. Start slow 1Day and then speed up to 10Day per month or maintain at least 1D per week or 5Day per month. Keep us posted. All the Best!!!
                              Could you tell us more about it? I'd love to know more. :D

Comment

Working...
                              X