Wine fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine fans?

Since indulgence is the topic here, is anyone big fan of great wines?

Me me

Mostly Australian and Chilean wines, both white and red.

Comment

Originally posted by rustybix
      Me me

Mostly Australian and Chilean wines, both white and red.
      Any particular winery or vintage? How are the Chilean wines like? Have not tried any before.

Comment

sweet & fruity whites

How about ice wine?

Comment

Re: sweet & fruity whites

Originally posted by baobei
          How about ice wine?
          Definitely Iniskillin (sp?). Yummy Canadian iced wine. They sell it in dutyfree for SG $100 something and it's only $40 something USD on UA dutyfree!

Comment

Re: Re: sweet & fruity whites

Originally posted by gingerbread
            Definitely Iniskillin (sp?). Yummy Canadian iced wine. They sell it in dutyfree for SG $100 something and it's only $40 something USD on UA dutyfree!
            Same vintage? Same type of grapes?

Comment

Any particular winery or vintage? How are the Chilean wines like? Have not tried any before.
              For Australian, I tend to swing towards Penfolds for red (Black Label, my favourite) and Yalumba for whites.

Chilean - still testing la! On the whole I find them very "drinkable" quite unlike French wines. Don't ask me why, a matter of preference I guess.

Ice wine - no, never tried. Have you? If you like sweet wines, there is one by Kendall Jackson - really syrupy sweet.

Comment

Re: Re: sweet & fruity whites

Oh man, I love this one too!!! Yum yum!!!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: sweet & fruity whites

Same vintage? Same type of grapes?
                  Found some info about it here.

http://wine.about.com/library/types/bl_icewine.htm

I've only drunk 2 bottles of it and the memory stays because it's the best tasting wine I've ever tried!

Not sure of the vintage tried and yes, it's only made from a particular type of grape otherwise it wouldn't be that particular type of wine.

It is rather expensive though.

Robert Mondavi also does a yummy muscato (muscadet?). Not sure about year because the bottle is not with me at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by rustybix
                    For Australian, I tend to swing towards Penfolds for red (Black Label, my favourite) and Yalumba for whites.

Chilean - still testing la! On the whole I find them very "drinkable" quite unlike French wines. Don't ask me why, a matter of preference I guess.

Ice wine - no, never tried. Have you? If you like sweet wines, there is one by Kendall Jackson - really syrupy sweet.

Australian is well known for their Tokays and Muscat for sweet wines tho I've tried none. kekeke
                    95 AUD for the top of their line, Campbell Rutherglen Tokay, couldn't make myself buy it.

Comment

Australian is well known for their Tokays and Muscat for sweet wines tho I've tried none. kekeke
                      95 AUD for the top of their line, Campbell Rutherglen Tokay, couldn't make myself buy it.
                      I love muscats! Which particular winery would you recommend?

Comment

Re: sweet & fruity whites

How about ice wine?
                        Ooooh! U just created a huge craving .... love ice wine...my [email protected]

Comment

hmm...love wine too...esp. sitting by the beach with friends and candles around to illuminate....i go for reds w/o too much dryness...like cabernet sauvignon and merlot...shiraz's not too bad also...

Comment

I love muscats! Which particular winery would you recommend?

I've not tried any, but for the Ozzie winneries, Campbel Rutherglen, Brown brothers are supposedly all quite good for their muscats. To each his own, the test is in its taste. Some people like this, others that. and I think I'm v picky

Visit winnery and find out

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline
                              hmm...love wine too...esp. sitting by the beach with friends and candles around to illuminate....i go for reds w/o too much dryness...like cabernet sauvignon and merlot...shiraz's not too bad also...

Sg's soo hot to do that. Seems the best to drink the wine at around 14-18degree celsius. Always feel the wine in Sg turns acidic quite fast.. kekeke maybe its just me. Heehee

I'm not particular about the grapes used, as long as it agrees with my tastebuds hehe

Comment

Working...
                              X