Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubble Tea

Anybody still drinking this?

I really like the Bubble Tea at the Tea Shake Hut but it cost $4.50 with pearls, so was looking for an alternative.

Originally posted by Sky
    I'm game for Fruit Juice Smoothies and Ice-blended Fresh Juice! Party Goers will be spoilt for choices!

Comment

i used to like "zhen zhu tou hua" from quickly. they stopped selling it and i too stop patronising them. i sort of miss it!!!

smoothies at cozyparty!!! :wheee:

Comment

If you like Soya Bean drink with pearls, i'd recommend the dessert store at Takashimaya B2 foodcourt.

Very icy yummy drink that makes a good meal subsitute IMO. I always feel full after drinking it and it taste so good. Only $2.50.

Comment

i don't like pearls...not after i found out it's all gelatin :puke: can't imagine all of it stuck in my system

i like Milk Girl's Honey Milk Tea with crystals (Jelly)

Comment

Hey Pauline,

Gelatin.. as in the the fish's remains that is used in cake making?

I thought the pearls are some plants ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline
              i don't like pearls...not after i found out it's all gelatin :puke: can't imagine all of it stuck in my system

that's what I heard too and it is not easily digestable.

anyway way before (many years ago) the bubble tea craze hit SG, it was already very popular in LA in the Chinese community area. So my friends will be hanging out at tea houses every week. So by the time it reached SG, I was actually very sick of it! :puke:

Comment

Originally posted by ponine
                Hey Pauline,

Gelatin.. as in the the fish's remains that is used in cake making?

I thought the pearls are some plants ?
                i don't know what gelatin is made of...but yep it's used in cake-making and jelly making as well you know to make the thing 'elastic' and all...

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline
                  i don't know what gelatin is made of...but yep it's used in cake-making and jelly making as well you know to make the thing 'elastic' and all...
                  Ewwwww... That's fish remains for sure then.

Comment

i like honey green tea and passion fruit tea. but i don't like the pearls... its not healthy anyway.

Comment

Gelatin :huh: I thought the pearls were made of tapioca flour?

Anyway, I think the bubble tea crazed has died down tremendously....

Comment

during the craze, i drink almost everyday... just have craving for it... don't know why.

Comment

i still drink it! used to it and can drink 2-3 cups a day!

Comment

Originally posted by qiu
                            i still drink it! used to it and can drink 2-3 cups a day!
                            wow... that's a lot....

Comment

i used to love my Peppermint Pearl Milk Tea from Quickly

now i'm in love with a fruit smoothie - Mango Tango at a store in Bugis, comes with fresh mango chunks as topping and delicious pearls

Comment

Working...
                              X