Mid-Autumn Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid-Autumn Festival

intend to go to chinese garden to see their hello kitty lanterns.

how about you folks? do you celebrate mooncake festival?

Edited by Sky: The proper name is as above. AKA: The Mooncake Festival, The Lantern Festival.
    Last edited by nicole; 03-09-2003, 11:36 AM.

celebrate?? hmm... by eating lotsa mooncakes... this year, i wanna go Chinese Garden or East Coast park to look at the moon, with SO.

Comment

signz... there's not much people celebrating mooncake festival in Perth, and the mooncakes cost AUD 38 for a box of 4. somemore, its not those good quality ones. maybe i just hang some paper lanterns in my garden... i miss singapore

Comment

by the way, any perth cotters know of any place to get good mooncakes?

Comment

I'm also going to Chinese Gardens! But it will only be photo taking! Will be celebrating with my parents and friends somewhere else!

Comment

Originally posted by Blu_Volka
            by the way, any perth cotters know of any place to get good mooncakes?
            Marina Mandarain, Raffles Hotel (Champagne truffles mooncake ) and Ritz Carlton.

Comment

joce, the champagne truffles mooncakes sound yummy. i bought mine at one of the shops at taka basement. it has lima bean paste. it's not as sweet as the traditional ones. very yummy too. it's called amethyst pastry and cakes. the lady does a not so sweet version of the flaky yam mooncake as well. my mum learnt the art of making mooncakes from her as well.

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
                joce, the champagne truffles mooncakes sound yummy.
                My sis-in-law bought this... white choc in the centre of the mooncake. Totally satisfying for choc-addicts like me!

Comment

i would luv to go photo taking at chinese garden too!! Who to go with.......??? Hmm..........

Anyone's lunar birthday falls on mooncake festival here??

Comment

ermm... when's the mooncake festival? i juz eat mooncake. hehe ;p mooncakes in syd are pretty good- esp the HK ones! :sotong:

Comment

Read in the papers that swensen's got ice-cream mooncakes...the description sounded quite tempting!
                      actually I feel like learning how to make moon-cakes...anyone got a recipe with simple, understandable instructions?

Comment

Originally posted by gracegan
                        Read in the papers that swensen's got ice-cream mooncakes...the description sounded quite tempting!
                        actually I feel like learning how to make moon-cakes...anyone got a recipe with simple, understandable instructions?
                        i bought the ice-cream mooncakes.... but its meant to be a gift.... resisted the temptation to buy it for myself.... my hubby was teasing me that might as well buy ice-cream and eat....

Comment

i love mooncake festival when i was a little gal. that is the only time i can "play" with fire. we will light the corridor with candles and have fun playing and making lotsa noise without getting scolded....

Comment

my mom did try to bake mooncakes before but somehow to achieve that thin skin, not so sweet lotus paste and to perfect the art of putting the egg yolk in the centre is not easy. by the end of the baking process, you would wonder why you are baking it when it is cheaper to get it from the store.

would recommend those who are interesting in making mooncakes to try making snow skin mooncakes instead. IT is easier and fuss free becoz you dont even have to bake it! As for ingredients, you can get it from the store in Sembawang MRT station. ( sorry... dont know what is the name of the store)

Comment

Name of the store in Sembawang MRT is Phoon Huat.

Comment

Working...
                              X