Italian Restaurants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italian Restaurants

Aside from Japanese food, my other fave is Italian food. Love pasta, lasagne, pizza, everything Italian. I am game to try new places. Any good recommendations? I will be trying out Keiko's recommendation, Tuscany at Pan Pac

There are some of my love:
    1) Prego
    2) Pasta Fresca
    3) Pete's Place
    4) Spageddies
    5) California Kitchen Pizza
    6) Rialto (They have a stall at Amara and a restaurant at Killiney Rd which I frequent)

I've tried Tuscany before. The service and food is not bad.

My favourite Italian restaurant is Pete's Place! The Sunday Brunch is amazing! *hungry*

Comment

Hey Meow, we share the same taste in food! I love italian food and Jap food too!

Some of my fave restaurants:

1) Tuscany
      2) Al Forno
      3) Pete's Place
      4) Pasta Fresca
      5) Domvs
      6) Gaetano (sp?) - i the set lunches there. And they've got a huge selection of desserts. Meow, i know some people from your office go there also. too bad, this one closed when the chef left.

Comment

Originally posted by keiko
        6) Gaetano (sp?) - i the set lunches there. And they've got a huge selection of desserts. Meow, i know some people from your office go there also. too bad, this one closed when the chef left.
        Really?? Must be P's fave place then I didn't know of this place. Where was it formerly?? I am too lazy. Always eat in!

Comment

Was at Club St. They usually go there for celebratory or farewell lunches. Given that so many of them have already left, i guess he must have gone there very often for farewell lunches.
          Last edited by Glossie; 02-12-2004, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Another to add to the list is Al Dente! Yum.

Comment

Gaetano has opened a new place at Robertson Quay. It's La Stella.

Comment

if you go Pasta Fresca, word of advice: do NOT order the lasagne or cannelloni.

worked there during one vacation period few years back and i swore off those 2 particular dishes. so unless they've revamped the cooking, they're off my list. the other pasta dishes are ok. i like the one with chili and also the carbonara. love the tiramisu and zabaglione too.

not really adventurous re: italian, so i usually stick to Prego's.

Comment

What do you normally order when you're at an Italian place?

For me, I love white wine/ cream-based sauces with fettucine preferably if they have portobello mushrooms in them, anti-pasti platters, french onion soups, thin crispy pizza with button mushrooms, and cheese-stuffed ravioli! Mmmmm...yum yum..

Comment

1) Da Paulo, prefer the Holland V branch to the club street one
                    2) Al Forno
                    3) Porta-porta - This small Italian restuarant near Changi prison, its homely ambience cannot be found anywhere else!
                    4) Prego - menu changes with the chef, been there since 8-9years ago and prefer their old menus better
                    5) Pete's place - standard of their food keep sliding, getting disappointed
                    6) Cafe Modestoes - not bad for its price
                    7) Senso - great place but pricey.
                    La Forkette - loved their tiramisu

Should try Tuscany & Garibaldi? soon

I love pizza with artichokes, and I can't seem to find them in any restuarants these days.
                    Authentic tasting parma ham is also great!

Comment

I mostly dine at Pasta Fresca and for most of the time, its cream-based and the meal will end with their tiramisu
                      Have not have a chance to dine at their East Coast Beach outlet but i'm looking forward to it

Another one is at at Cuppage. So sorry, i forgotten the name but same stretch as The Rice Table. Their carborana is sooooo creamy?.. must be darn fattening too! But it?s delicious!

I saw recs for Al Forno on TV before and it really looks promising!

Comment

Originally posted by sweetmango
                        For me, I love white wine/ cream-based sauces with fettucine preferably if they have portobello mushrooms in them, anti-pasti platters, french onion soups, thin crispy pizza with button mushrooms, and cheese-stuffed ravioli! Mmmmm...yum yum..
                        Gosh, we have the same taste except that I don't take french onion soup and I prefer fusilli to fettucine...

Cheese-stuffed ravioli is yummy!! I am craving for one now.....

Comment

yes, yes, second Pete's place, another place I like is Michelangelo's at Holland V, nice ambience, friendly staff, you feel like part of a family there.
                          When I go el cheapo, Pasta Mania's marinara is very yummy too.

Comment

ooo, i forgot to add Michelangelo's Creme Brulee is heavenly.......

Comment

Originally posted by Calypso
                              When I go el cheapo, Pasta Mania's marinara is very yummy too.
                              Which outlet was this, Calypso? I tried the one at Orchard Cineleisure and it's quite badly done. Too watery and tasteless. The Al Funghi was nice, though. Haven't tasted a good cream-based one in a long time.

I usually like tomota-cum-cream sauces. I think Sketches is not even sub-standard but the chef's recs are all right. And these are the more expensive dishes :roll:

I also prefer the older Prego's. Sometimes, I think the higher-end restos don't necessarily serve up tastier pasta dishes. Previously, before Shidong (Club Street) re-opened, the kitchen served up gorgeous Aglio Olio with grilled chix breast.

Comment

Working...
                              X