Desserts! Where to taste the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desserts! Where to taste the best?

Hi girls! I'm a sweet tooth, and am always on the lookout for good places for desserts.

Besides: Max Brenner (CHOCOLATE!!!!), Bakers Inn, Swensens (their towers in tall glasses remind me of my childhood), hagaan daz, NYDC andf the usual does anyone know a place that dishes up great desserts?

Ice-cream and cake confections that sort? I'm not a huge cheescake or plain cake fan though!

Roll out where you go for your dessert fix!

If you unwind from being S-T-R-E-S-S-E-D, you get:
    D-E-S-S-E-R-T-S. num num.

Coffee Bean, their hot brownie and cheesecake Remember to request them to heat up the brownie!!

Far East Plaza (don't remember the shop name), sheep milk icecream. that's the shop where you get entertainment!!! their icecream is sticky and yummy!! i like!!

a cake shop located at Upper Serangoon Road (don't remember the shop name) kinda near the crocodile farm, specialize in durian cake!!! Guarantee you could get the best durian cake there!!! they don't just use durian paste like what the others do, they use real high quality durians!!! practically, you could taste, feel, eat durians out of their cakes!!!

Rocher Beancurb, there's one at Short Street and one at Geylang. they served the best soya beancurb in town!!! Even better than the famous You2 Tiao2 Da4 Wang2, IMO. YTDW's beancurb is watery, Rocher's is soft and smooth, BEST!!! Highly Recommeded by me!!!

Tong1 Heng1 Egg Tarts, located at 285 South Bridge Road. Read this (http://www.can.com.sg/content/neocan...household.html) think the name should be Dong1 Heng1.... they just recently raised the price from 90cents to $1 (or $1.10) per piece. Kinda expensive for an egg tart, but definitely worth it!!

Comment

M-A-X B-R-E-N-N-E-R

I'm having fondue withdrawal symptoms....

Comment

I love Coffee Club's muddy mud cake! Its yummy. But its so sinful. When i feel like something lighter, I will have Ice Earl Grey Vanilla ( can't rem the exact name).

Comment

* Baker's Inn: Warm Choc Cake
          * Max Brenner: Choc Souffle
          * Godiva or Royce Chocs

Comment

coffee club's EVERYTHING

btw, the checkers cafe at Hilton serves the best cakes. YUM

Comment

It has to be BAKER'S INN. Woooooooooooo!!!!!

but for takeaways, I really like the pastries at Hotel Intercontinental. Very expensive but worth it, esp in the evenings u get 50% off (but must Q ahead of time or else everything will be bought up by the first few customers!).

Comment

I love desserts too.

My fave got to be Max Brenner the suckao and also this chocolate fruit fondue at Marina Square (near the food court opposite Mos Burger).

But my weakness is NYDC Cheesecake... Though it will make me FAT FAT FAT.

Oh yeah, I heard fullerton chocolate buffet is good too. Yet to try. Any gals here try it already? Is it nice?

Comment

Originally posted by stressed
                  M-A-X B-R-E-N-N-E-R
                  Gosh. Been out of action for too long. Where's this? The choc fondue at Union Club's quite decent, btw.

Baker's Inn has a great selection. But even with the description on the placards I made the mistake of ordering similar desserts in the end. How stupid is that..

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
                    Gosh. Been out of action for too long. Where's this? The choc fondue at Union Club's quite decent, btw.

Baker's Inn has a great selection. But even with the description on the placards I made the mistake of ordering similar desserts in the end. How stupid is that..
                    Don't worry. If Max Brenner is not near my workplace, i would have no idea what is it.

BTW, it's in Esplanade.

Comment

Stressy...... bring me to MAXBRENNER ....

Comment

Originally posted by LizzyDizzy
                        Stressy...... bring me to MAXBRENNER ....
                        On Sat? Set?

Comment

Originally posted by stressed
                          On Sat? Set?
                          yeah!!! REALLY??? awwww..... I U!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LizzyDizzy
                            yeah!!! REALLY??? awwww..... I U!!!!
                            I got more good news I cannot say here. Think with that news, you'll love me till death!!!

Comment

Originally posted by candeecake
                              Tong1 Heng1 Egg Tarts, located at 285 South Bridge Road. Read this (http://www.can.com.sg/content/neocan...household.html) think the name should be Dong1 Heng1.... they just recently raised the price from 90cents to $1 (or $1.10) per piece. Kinda expensive for an egg tart, but definitely worth it!!
                              I think they have a counter at Tangs Market place. My favourite egg tarts!

Oh yes, the suckao at MaxBrenner is Time to plot my next outing to MaxBrenner!
                              Last edited by Vonn; 19-11-2003, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X