Valentine's Day Dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valentine's Day Dinner

any suggestions girls? it's my SO birthday as well so i'm trying to plan early. he'll be back in Spore for a whole month on work!

He likes all kinds of food. His ony request or wail is that he doesnt want to see another 8 or 10 course french meal for at least 1/2 a year.

i think i killed his taste buds when we tested out most of North Cali french restuarants in 2 months. One a week feeling a bit sheepish right now but he says a 3 course is okie.

Queenie, would you remember when the chef is leaving Au Jardin and if they have an ala carte menu?

thanks ^_^

im so excited!

Hi babe,

My suggestion will be Equinox located at Former Westin Stamford. Offers a panaromic view of Singapore on the 71st storey.

Equinox, the restaurant features a unique food concept, offering guests a choice of pure Western or pure Asian cuisine from two supporting kitchens. truly special.

operating Hours - Dinner (A la carte) 7 pm- 11 pm (Mon-Sun)
    Tel: 6837 3322

Comment

thanks. i tried that before about a year ago and forgot about it ! will definitely go test it out again first!

Comment

Re: V-Day Dinner

Originally posted by snowstar
        Queenie, would you remember when the chef is leaving Au Jardin and if they have an ala carte menu?
        He has already left Les Amis for good.

If three course is fine, then Au Jardin it is. They serve 3, 6 or 10 course menu. For the 3 course menu, it's kinda ala carte style where you get to choose your entree, main course, dessert etc.

Comment

equinox definitely, lawry's ( servings are HUGE though) and Morton's of Chicago ( yummilicious godiva hot chocolate cake!)..and oh i think angus house at taka serves really good steak

Comment

He's back from the States right? Hmm...in this case, would he be keener on really good chinese instead? If he loves chinese cusine, then Lei Garden is it! Their seafood is super duper fresh, serveice is superb and their food is heavenly! The one at CHIJMES is good.

Or how about exquisite Japanese food? Just throwing out suggestions.

Comment

Japanese?

Suntory
              Ikukan

Comment

Originally posted by demigoddess1512
                Hi babe,

My suggestion will be Equinox located at Former Westin Stamford. Offers a panaromic view of Singapore on the 71st storey.

Equinox, the restaurant features a unique food concept, offering guests a choice of pure Western or pure Asian cuisine from two supporting kitchens. truly special.

operating Hours - Dinner (A la carte) 7 pm- 11 pm (Mon-Sun)
                Tel: 6837 3322
                DEFINITELY RECOMMENDED! bf brought me there for a 'surprise' first month anniversary celebration. v v romantic atmostphere, delightful service, and food is TO DIE FOR. the chef managed to make me finish all my peas and I hate peas!!

Or try Mezzanine for something a tad more casual?

Comment

ataraxia , ataraxia

U are one lucky babe to get suprises like that from ur BF.
                  Second Mezzanine too....lurve the casual yet classy atmosphere there.
                  Lei Garden for Chinese food is also an excellent choice.
                  Hope u will be spoilt for choices now

Comment

grin! thank you EVERYONE for the suggestions. i have some idea now but more will always be good. i kinda want this to be special and unique.

1) lei garden - LOVE the food there =) i think it might be noisey for V-day but thats a definite YES YES while he is here.

2) li bai - i love this one.. thanks for reminding me about chinese food, i get dim sum every week so i tend to forget =) thanks mango!

3)Equinox - thanks demigoddess1512

4)Au Jardin - queenie, please let me know why this is good.. im a country bumpkin. now we can test out.. is napa valley and SF french chefs better or spore!! hmm.. i keep thinkin about French Laundry. will love to go back there again.

5) lawry's and Morton's of Chicago. will try this too. but no on his birthday. i lived in chicago for a year.. we had these 2.

6) suntory. love this too. will think about it

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Comment

I reckon romantic places like Equinox, Grill on Devonshire or Mezzanine (a lil casual but still alright) will be better for celebrating V'day.

Why Au Jardin? Simple, cos good food, good service, good ambience.

Comment

Valentine's Dining Ideas

:wave: Hi there, anyone with V-Day's dining ideas to share? I was looking at Top of the M and Fullerton Town's Symphony Dinner. Would appreciate if you could recommend some venues. Btw, has anyone tried the Sky Dining on Cablecar? pls share, thanks!

Comment

have not tried sky dining on cable car. instead my frd and i bought the tickets for a ride of 2 hrs and we bring out own food.
                          it's quite disturbing though coz the cable car will stop at every station. and not even 1/2 have passed, i'm starting to feel giddy.

but it's a good experience.

Comment

the cable car rides last 2 hours? i don't know about that .. it's been ages since i last went!
                            anyway, how much for the rides? do you have to share the cable car with others or just the 2 of u alone?

Comment

I went for the sky dinning two yrs ago.. Not like *** they claimed (2 hours ) . I had the appetiser, main course and dessert. The waitress will put everything on the table. They will collect the plates when u have finished. Nice ambenice!! But I find it too expensive... It is like 80-100 bucks per pax on valetine's day.

Comment

Working...
                              X