Lunch Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunch Box

Had a very full lunch today ... went to Ajisen and had their set lunch of the day: Spicy Ramen with 3 side dishes: Fried tofu, fried chicken and baby optopus. Plus a a glass of ice lemon tea. All for just $11.

had yummy salmon sushi and potato croquette for lunch today. the potato croquette is so crispy on the outside and the filling is super creamy. yum...the sushi was good too. a ball of rice topped with some japanese mayo and ebiko and then wrapped around with pieces of salmon so it looks like a flower. not as good as the original which i tried at 'kar tai hor' (dunno how to spell :huh: ) in HK but still good!

Comment

I'll be having Burger king double mushroom swiss, cheesesticks, onion rings and a triple chocolate pie for lunch! Really hungry now, Dh went out to buy food, waiting anxiously for my lunch to be home soon. It feels good to binge on good ole fast food for lunch once in a while!

Comment

Had a satisfying bowl of hand-made noodle with Sugarcane juice at the hawker center. Love the soup!

Comment

Lunch Box

Am thinking of bringing my lunch to work. Any suggestions to LOW FAT, EASILY PREPARED food?

Thank you thank you

Comment

I think Tuna sandwich with lettuce, cucumber and tomatos with a dash of pepper is the easiest for me.

Comment

sundried tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, some jalepeno (sp) peppers and tuna
              no dressing needed cos the sundried tomatoes have good favours already!

Comment

How about bringing your own salad with dressing packed seperately? Strips of zuchinni, carrots, red peppers, hard boiled egg, or even chicken/tuna if you want.

For sandwiches, how about egg mayo sandwich mixed with low-fat cream cheese and dash of pepper? Or fry an omelette and sandwich it with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber & low-fat cheese.
                Or turkey breast/ham sandwich?

For variety, try using different types of bread like pitta, focaccia, crossiants, bagels, etc. HTHs.

Comment

Originally posted by mango

For sandwiches, how about egg mayo sandwich mixed with low-fat cream cheese and dash of pepper?
                  I love scrambled egg mayo sandwich. Thanks! You just give me an idea for what to make for my lunch later.

Comment

Thanks all for suggestions. Will pop by the supermarket tonight and start bringing my lunch tomorrow!

Comment

I like roast beef with sun dried tomatoes sandwiches. Add some cucumbers too if you like. Easy and so yummy!

Comment

Didnt want to start a new thread so thought I'l ride on this one. natnatviv or anyone, do you know any good recipes for tuna/chicken mayo? I thought of making some for myself to eat in a sandwich.

Comment

chicken mayo

- chicken breast meat/ thigh fillets (2 pieces - can feed about 2 pple)
                          - mayo - i love those jap ones (personal preference)
                          - cucumber (1) - chopped
                          - celery (1) - chopped (optional)
                          - pepper
                          - salt
                          - salad greens - chopped (optional)
                          - lemon juice

Method:
                          - cook chicken meat in a pot of water
                          - drain water and rinse it under cold water
                          - chopped up the chicken into bite-sized pieces, set aside

- in a bowl, add in mayo (3 tablespoons at least - i use mine dry and not too soggy)
                          - mix in chopped cucumber and celery (make sure they are not all wet) mixed throughly and then add in chicken pieces (make sure they have already cooled down in temperature)
                          - add salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste

for variety, u can add in salad greens, tomatoes, potatoes (i find them a bit too heavy for me)

ETA: mango, u can vary this with tuna as well (use tuna in springwater or brine) works as well

Comment

wow, that sounds like a SUPERB mayo recipe!

Comment

mango LMK when u have tried it yeah?

Comment

Working...
                              X