Fried Chicken Wings!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fried Chicken Wings!

help! i've been getting fried chicken wings cravings !!! all kinds of them!!

i keep dreaming of the ones i had during tuck shop days

plus

the chinese ones. juicy, fat , crispy on the outside and soft on the inside! *drooilng* the freshly fried ones are soooo good!

and

the indian/malay type where there is lots of curry flour

any recs?

Batter for chicken wings
    pepper - crushed ones
    flour - 1/2 cup
    salt - to taste
    baking soda - 1/2 tsp
    water

mix all into a batter (thick)
    make sure chicken wings are drained of excess water and oil is hot!
    mix chicken wings into batter
    and deep fried them!

for indian/ malay favours, just add a tablespoon of curry powder to the batter

Comment

Or you can get those ready packaged seasonings from "Seah's Spices" also very yummy ! They have many diff types - from prawn flavoured to spicy ! Check it out !

Comment

Buffalo wings!

1 cup all-purpose flour
        1 tsp. salt
        1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
        1/2 tsp. paprika
        20 chicken wings AND/OR drummlets
        1/2 cup butter OR margarine
        1/2 cup hot sauce
        1/4 tsp. black pepper
        1/4 tsp. garlic powder

-Combine flour, salt, cayenne pepper, and paprika in bowl.
        -Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture. Reserve leftover mixture.
        -Refrigerate coated chicken for at least 1 hour.
        -Coat chicken in leftover flour mixture.
        -In a saucepan, heat butter, hot sauce, pepper, and garlic powder just until butter melts, then keep warm.
        -Deep-fry chicken, 8-10 pieces at a time, in 375 degree oil for 13 minutes.
        -Drain chicken on brown paper bags.
        -Immediately place chicken in sealable plastic bowl, pour half the hot sauce mixture over chicken (first 10 pieces); cover and toss to coat.
        -Repeat with second batch of chicken.

Serve with a ranch or blue cheese dip if desired.

Comment

cough. im not exactly a domestic goddness!

any places i can buy them from

Comment

Snowstar, you can look out for one that is named " kentucky" i think. The packaging is yellow in colour. I got it from Giant Hyermart. I think it costs about $1. Its easy to follow the simple instructions given.

Comment

I love the malay-style fried chicken wings. Think they use taramind(sp) powder. Yum yum! They're especially good in any school canteens. Wonder why foodcourts don't have such yummy chicken wings.

Comment

Originally posted by zjaninez
                I love the malay-style fried chicken wings. Think they use taramind(sp) powder. Yum yum! They're especially good in any school canteens. Wonder why foodcourts don't have such yummy chicken wings.
                I agree! With the fantastic chili, it's the best!

Comment

No a good cook myself but I always see my grandma marinating the wings with spices or curry powder. And they taste really good after all that deep frying!

Comment

this thread is making me hungry...

Comment

Originally posted by artichoke
                      No a good cook myself but I always see my grandma marinating the wings with spices or curry powder. And they taste really good after all that deep frying!
                      yes yes! this method works! just mix some spices like curry and chilli and pepper and salt ...marinate over nite if possible and viola!

Comment

this sounds so yummy, looks like i have to try this over the weekend !!!

chox - so the marinate is all dry ingredients ? nothing wet ?

Comment

Originally posted by j0s1e267
                          this sounds so yummy, looks like i have to try this over the weekend !!!

chox - so the marinate is all dry ingredients ? nothing wet ?
                          all dry dearie let me know how it turns out too bad cannot eat chicken now...u made me have wing cravings!!

Comment

The place that you have to for good chicken has to be Arnold's Chicken! The skin is thin and very crispy and you can rest assure that you won't taste flour....the crisp is that of the chicken skin and the chicken is tender too. Trust me on that, all my friends agreed that they serve really good chickens! By the way, the shop is located at City Plaza level 2. I know they have another outlet at Joo Chiat but I do not know the exact location....Maybe some of you should try it.....Hope you like it!

Comment

Last night, the CC girls went to Rocky Master and Jemay & I ate their chicken wings, it's really good! crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, the spicy sauce that came with it made it even better, a must-try!

Comment

Working...
                              X