Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready To Go Spaghetti Sauces

Dear all,

I was thinking of trying to cook spaghetti for my SO this weekend but i need your recommendation on which instant spagetti sauces available at supermarkets that are are Yummy

Prego or ??

Pls let me hear your views..

TIA

Prego and Domino Jars are good for me. If you want something extra superb, do for the individually packed Domino's. Its single serving container in a peel-off small plastic bowl. Most supermarkets carry this. Comes in 2 flavours, cream and tomato based. Get the tomato based on- its amazingly tasty!
    But bear in mind that this one is not meant to be heated up and re-cooked like the ones in glass jar. You're supposed to just peel off and stir it in hot pasta. So if you have other ingredients(mushrooms, prawns, etc) that you want to add in, then prepare them seperately and stir it into the paste. I promise you'll be hooked!

Comment

I love love love Prego! To make it taste even better, add in your own minced meat and mushrooms!

Comment

Re: Ready To Go Spaghetti Sauces

Originally posted by demigoddess1512 i need your recommendation on which instant spagetti sauces available at supermarkets that are are Yummy
        I really like Leggo sauces.

Comment

Thanks babe for all your suggestions.

Yesterday when i was at the supermarket, i picked up a bottle of Domino Jars as per mango suggestion.

VERDICT - Spaghetti tasted really yummy
          but the thing was how come no matter how much sauce i put over the spaghetti, it always seemed to little so i ended up using the whole bottle. Is this always the case.
          Mango, i couldnt find the individually packed Domino's. Which supermarkets did u buy from?? TIA

How can i thicken up e sauce consistency, it looks runny?? :roll:

Now that my bottle of Domino Jar is gone, i will proceed to try Prego and Leggos sauces.

Thank You

Comment

Usually i mixed Prego and dominic sauce together! That yuppie!

Comment

Originally posted by demigoddess1512
              Thanks babe for all your suggestions.

Yesterday when i was at the supermarket, i picked up a bottle of Domino Jars as per mango suggestion.

VERDICT - Spaghetti tasted really yummy
              but the thing was how come no matter how much sauce i put over the spaghetti, it always seemed to little so i ended up using the whole bottle. Is this always the case.
              Mango, i couldnt find the individually packed Domino's. Which supermarkets did u buy from?? TIA

How can i thicken up e sauce consistency, it looks runny?? :roll:

Now that my bottle of Domino Jar is gone, i will proceed to try Prego and Leggos sauces.

Thank You
              If you want it thicker, heat it up longer so more water evaporates and you get thicker consistency and more intense flavour. I often find the individually packed domino's at cold storage almost everywhere. Maybe they are out of stock that day. if you like the glass jar version, you'll love the individually packed ones- its 5x better.

Comment

Originally posted by mango
                If you want it thicker, heat it up longer so more water evaporates and you get thicker consistency and more intense flavour.
                Tired your suggestions again
                VERDICT= even better
                gosh..i'm craving for pasta again

BUT..i find the sauce too sourish because of the tomato base.

Do you use Chilli paste ot ??? to reduce the sourish taste.

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by demigoddess1512
                  BUT..i find the sauce too sourish because of the tomato base.

Do you use Chilli paste ot ??? to reduce the sourish taste.

TIA
                  If you find it sourish, then it probably means you didn't add much of other ingredients or you cook it till most of the water evaporated? Try adding more ingredients, I personally feel that seafood (prawns in particular) and some meat (minced beef, ham, etc) adds alot of flavour to instant pasta sauces and tones down the natural sourness.

Comment

can i know how the packaging looks like???

Comment

i will opt for PREGO!! yummy sauce.

Comment

Originally posted by liyun86
                        can i know how the packaging looks like???
                        Glass bottle, it says P-R-E-G-O on the bottle, you can't go wrong.

Comment

My boy and I bought Prego's mini meatballs sauce and whipped up a storm (I wish!) yesterday. We added white button mushrooms and shredded chicken. Yums We cooked too much sauce and pasta in the end. Next time, we know how to gauge the correct amount

Comment

i saw the prego brand le.

i wanted creamy sauce...
                            i tried some powder sauce that need me to add butter n cook..not nice le..

Comment

My "hungry man and lazy man" spag sauce receipe:

Prego spag sauce
                              Minced beef
                              Diced white onions
                              Sliced white button mushrooms
                              Afew capfuls of burgundy (to give it a more fruity flavor)

Comment

Working...
                              X