Favourite Cafe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite Cafe

hey girls, any recommendations for your favourite cafe?

Any cool place to chill and catch up besides the normal coffee bean & starbucks..

Off the top of my head, some of my fave dessert & drink cafes that we love and frequent: Baker's Inn, Cafe 211, Rocky Master, Checkers, Cafe cartel, Secret recipe, Hagen daaz, and this Gelato cafe that has branches at Plaza Sing/ FEP/ Suntec city (Edit to add: its called Gelare cafe).
    Last edited by mango; 19-05-2004, 02:26 PM.

Comment

I love gelare cafe for it's tues's half priced waffles!
      Also ah kun/killenney kopitiam for kaya toasts + teh si!

ohh man, i'm such a cheapo! LOL!
      I think Baker's Inn is overated and expensive, NYDC is better but the crowd's loud!

Comment

Yes Rocky Master is great for their brownies and stuff.
        Great ambience to slouch and chill out too

Comment

Oh, and NYDC (yeah, except for the noise factor), they serve great food! BTW, whenever hubby and me go to Orchard cineleisure for a movie and have some time to spare before the movie starts, we love to have dessert at Lips Cafe (forgot which level, one level below movie theatre). Their brownie with ice cream is heavenly!

Comment

I like all the above mentioned places!

Also love to chill at Serangoon Gardens BrownBox They serve delish desserts and mushroom soup!

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline

Also love to chill at Serangoon Gardens BrownBox They serve delish desserts and mushroom soup!
              They're still there? We went couple of months ago but couldn't find. Perhaps we walked down wrong lane.
              I love their deep fried button mushrooms!

Comment

mango, I thought now the Lips cafe at Cine is under renovation?
                I remember seeing a note they posted on their walls when I was there in late April .. hrmm.

Comment

Coffee Club at Siglap
                  Their muddy mud pies are to die for

Comment

OooOooh.... mouth watering!! thanks

I just added more cafes to my hang out list!! solve my 'where to go' problem instantly.

Comment

Originally posted by stilafaux
                      mango, I thought now the Lips cafe at Cine is under renovation?
                      I remember seeing a note they posted on their walls when I was there in late April .. hrmm.
                      Its open! We just went there last week (or was it the week before?) for our brownie fix.

Comment

Project Blood Bros Cafe at Paragon. They have this really delicious chocolate cake (can't remember the name) and their caesars salad is really yummy (with a poached egg on top). Their lunchtime is usually packed but during the evenings its ok.

Comment

No one mentioned Mr Bean at Selegie?Its loud but I love the caesar salad and seafood soup!!

Alternatively, happy daze at Serangoon Gardens is good too....love the retro decor, dog lovers hangout (if you bring your dog, you get a discount too). Do try out their east meet west freeze (coke freeze with plum flavour). Yummy!

Comment

I 2nd Coffee Club at Siglap. I like to go to cafes at Siglap and Holland Village on weekday afternoons cos its less crowded.

Also, Royal Copenhagen at Takashimaya is really nice if you're looking for somewhere peaceful in the middle of our bustling Orchard Road. A tad tai tai-ish but quiet.

I used to go to One Fullerton on Sunday afternoons with my girlfriends. Don't know why we stopped the routine but that place is cool, albeit a little pretentious...

Comment

i like Breko at Holland village and there's another branch at bugis too, near the stretch of shophouses at Bugis Street. The baked potatoes are simply yummy and their seats are very comfy too!

Comment

Working...
                              X