Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gelato Anyone??

Brief Info
    Gelato differs from ice cream in that it has a very low (dairy) fat content (from 1.4% to 8%) and much of the fat in gelato comes from the nuts, cocoa, etc. Whilst eating Gelato the palate stays clean. This contributes to its refreshing qualities and the excellent taste.

Another difference between gelati and ice cream is the amount of air that is 'pumped' into the product. Typically, fruit based gelati (sorbets) contain approx. 30% air and milk based gelato contain approx. 35-40% air.

Other ice cream products contain typically 50% (or more) air. This means that one liter of Gelato Italia gelati generally weighs more than one liter of ice cream. When you scoop the product out of a container, you soon realise that you get more gelato per scoop than ice cream.

gelato not only tastes good but it is also healthy

I've been to Gelare at East Cost but was never really hooked.

My tuning point was since my last trip to Sydney. NOW I'M TOTALLY ADDICTED. anyone tried those selling at Paragon Basement.

Are you also in
    Any other recommendations

TIA
    Last edited by Demigoddess; 09-06-2004, 12:09 PM.

I was hooked on this after my trip to Italy 2 years back. On our trip, we took an average of one gelato a day

Personally, I thought those from Venezia taste better than Gelare Pardon me, I am suddenly brain-dead. Other than knowing they have a cafe in Bukit Timah, somewhere off Sixth Ave, I cannot recall the other stand alone stalls..... Taka? Tangs?...

Comment

Is it the one @Tangs basement? Fat free one.
      I think I saw one just outside Far East Plaza (near to Old Chang Kee) as well.

that strawberry

Comment

any difference between gelati and gelato? i think they are the same right? them

Comment

OOps....Spelling error.

Tks Lumos

Comment

hee for a while i thought gelati was singular and gelato was plural

Comment

i think the shop is called Bravissimo. stand alone counters in Paragon and outside FEP the Ferrero Rocher flavor is to die for!

Comment

oh yes! Bravissimo! i this stuff! a must try is their Double Choc, Tiramisu, Hazelnut, Green Apple, Baileys (think they dont really do this anymore), and Black Sesame. Bon Bon Rocher (the Ferrero Rocher flavour Zhi is talking about) is nice but i find it a bit too milky.

the bigger counters with a wide variety of flavours can be found at both Tangs and Paragon basements. the counter outside FEP has very very limited flavours.

did i mention that i their gelato?
                it so much that i've been buying the huge tubs as take-homes for the past 2 weekends.

have tried Gelare but i prefer Bravissimo to this. find Gelare to be a tad too milky and sweet. love their waffles though. the waffles are to-die-for.

Venezia: have not tried this yet but Vonnie has certainly got me interested in this. Vonnie, where exactly can i find this? whereabouts in 6th Ave?

Comment

Originally posted by lumos
                  any difference between gelati and gelato? i think they are the same right? them
                  for a while, i thought the same as you.

Comment

I love their double choc too! I would always order half double choc and half strawberry. Its a very good mixture. Balanced each other. Going to try Bravissimo. I know it must be good but i always forget to try it. Too occupied with other flavours.

Speaking about gelare. Not trying to scare you gals, but from a very reliable source (a very good friend who works at gelare). He found maggots in their waffle mixture. All they did was to shieve the maggots out and proceeded to use the mixture! :puke: after that I try not to eat their waffles anymore. Its a bit scary. Don't know if they still do that. This happened like two years back.

Comment

i m a convert 3years back in Sydney!
                      love love love it!!!!!!!!!

I love the double chocolate and of course, all time fave is Rum n Raisin!

Comment

Originally posted by saluki
                        Venezia: have not tried this yet but Vonnie has certainly got me interested in this. Vonnie, where exactly can i find this? whereabouts in 6th Ave?
                        Erhm, do you know where is the Cold Storage at Sixth Ave? Venezia is just adjacent to the main entrance of Cold Storage.

Comment

I still prefer Gelato, especially waffles day! Bravissimo is yummy too. I love Italian ice cream lots!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vonnie
                            Personally, I thought those from Venezia taste better than Gelare Pardon me, I am suddenly brain-dead. Other than knowing they have a cafe in Bukit Timah, somewhere off Sixth Ave, I cannot recall the other stand alone stalls..... Taka? Tangs?...
                            it's outside Carrefoure at suntec and i heard there's one at PS also.

Venezia beats Bravissimo hands down!

Comment

Vonnie: yup i know where the cold storage is. cos i always head there to buy bread from Simply Bread. thanx!

keiko: oh! u mean the small counter at the Delights Corner of Carrefour? i pass by it almost everyday and i had no idea it's Venezia!

Comment

Working...
                              X