Turtle Soup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turtle Soup

If you like turtle soup...(i know i know...i'm not a PC)

403, Guillemard Road (opposite Kong Hwa School)... Park along L.or 36 Geylang.

Tasted the soup($22 for half) over the weekend and $2 eggs. Nice soup! Got a good sleep after that!

Originally posted by "dolphin"

If you like turtle soup...(i know i know...i'm not a PC)

403, Guillemard Road (opposite Kong Hwa School)... Park along Lor 36 Geylang.

Tasted the soup($22 for half) over the weekend and $2 eggs. Nice soup! Got a good sleep after that!
    My turn now....I've always been curious about turtle soup....what does turtle taste like??

(Wanda, are you flipping already?? *LOL*)

Comment

Oh no...have you seen how they kill the turtles for these soups??

Comment

Can't be any more humane than how they rip the fins off live sharks....no I'm not gonna support the industry by eating turtle soup but I'm just curious what it tastes like.

Comment

Originally posted by "pandora76"

Can't be any more humane than how they rip the fins off live sharks....no I'm not gonna support the industry by eating turtle soup but I'm just curious what it tastes like... :wink:
          since i saw the ripping of fins off live sharks(years ago on a documentary on tv) & throwing of them back into the seas bloody & all, i've stopped eating shark's fins. too gruesome to the eyes to even stomach & enjoy, same reason i don eat turtle soup(not tt i saw the process of slaughtering but hey ppl keep terrapins & they are the same family!)

Comment

I love turtle soup! my fave stall is in Geylang L.or 19 (i think). Just don't let me see how they kill the turtle i usually pretend that i'm drinking some double-boiled herbal chicken soup or something

Comment

Hey Keiko, so does turtle meat taste like chicken or anything? Texture?

Sorry to gross out you politically correct people...but I'm really really curious and wouldn't drink / eat the stuff myself!

P.S. Wanda, when you do make it over here, and we take you out to sample our island's gastronomic delights....don't ask what it is....just eat!!! *LOL*

Comment

Hey Keiko, so does turtle meat taste like chicken or anything? Texture?
                some part of the turtle meat (dun know which part) can be quite tough, dry and chewy just like chicken breast after they've been boiled for a long time.

ok, here's the gross part (my apologies to the PC pple )..........
                i've like the parts that have bits of cartilege / skin stuck on the meat, was told that that's the thigh. Meat texture is softer and the skin adds to the smooth texture.

Taste wise, can't quite taste the meat cos all its flavour is already in the soup after all the boiling. But i love the chilli dip that comes with it.

like what Dol said, u can request for eggs (tho' i'm not too keen on those).
                Included in the soup is usually blood cubes.....taste like chicken blood.

ok.....i think i've totally grossed u pple out.

Comment

Yup, keiko said it...the meat is much tougher to chew (maybe it brew for quite some time) than chicken meat....it just taste like herbal soup. Err...i don't want to know how they kill the turtles..

Comment

Turtle Soup

Where can I find the best turtle soup in Singapore? Anyone has fave haunts? I know there's one in geylang that's really good but no idea which part of geylang, anyone knows?

Comment

it is yum!
                      used to have a store in woodlands
                      they closed down!

Comment

I know there used to be one near Genting lane, as my dad used to patron that. I would never think of trying that

Comment

My favourite too

Try the one at Lavender Foodcourt, its good, known as Kin Turtle soup.

As for the Geylang, I guess you were referring to Tai Seng Turtle Soup, try their branch at Upp paya lebar road.

Comment

Tried the one at 403, Guillemard Road (opposite Kong Hwa School). You can park along Lorong 36 Geylang. It's just located at a conrner of the shophouses. Soup costs $22 (for half) and $2 eggs.

You might want to try a few located at Jalan Beseh Hawker centre, level 2.

Comment

Thanks alot dearies!

Comment

Working...
                              X