Favorite Food Stalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Food Stalls

Just thought that a thread to list our favorite stalls would be useful, especially for food lovers for me!

Let me start!!!

1) Fried noodles / beehoon from Holland Village food market (just opposite 7-11) Closed on Mondays, breakfast only Their fried chicken wings and tau foo is to die for!

Ginger, I feel that their beehoon is not as good as before already. It's a tad too oily now

Me loves any stall which sells Ban mian . Its actually hand made noodles in broth
    yum yum.. i am a sucker for "Mee Hoon Kuay" its so chewy! So far the one with the biggest portion would be the one in Scotts Picnic food court

Comment

Duck porridge! @ south buona vista road! near nus!! The duck porridge is good!!! The duck is super soft and the chewy stuff is yum!! Try the kang kong too

Comment

Local Desert - 'Cheng Teng' and Cuttle Fish kangkong at the Old Bedok Road (Opposite the Bedok Camp).

Comment

Demi I went there once and loved the kangkong cuttlefish too!! Oooh all this talk about food is making me super hungry!

Comment

har har paintedpoppies,

this thread got us craving for that now

Comment

Originally posted by stilafaux
              Ginger, I feel that their beehoon is not as good as before already. It's a tad too oily now

I agree. When I was younger, the beehoon was simply divine!! I also love the Ipoh Horfun at Holland Village, around the same stretch. However, the noodles is so much nicer last time too.....

Comment

Originally posted by ginger
                I agree. When I was younger, the beehoon was simply divine!! I also love the Ipoh Horfun at Holland Village, around the same stretch. However, the noodles is so much nicer last time too.....
                i tried the bee hoon which my colleague bought for me... wow its nice although a tad oily....

another place which i like would be the l.o.r mee @ tanjong pagar market hawker centre.. its on the 2nd floor

edited: didn't know l.o.r would be censored
                Last edited by pobell; 18-08-2004, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pobell
                  another place which i like would be the *** mee @ tanjong pagar market hawker centre.. its on the 2nd floor
                  What mee???

Comment

I like Queenstown's Fried Kway Teow. It was recently featured on Channel U, much to the owner and our chagrin. He told us that Ben (?)was very persistent in getting him to be featured since we know he hates advertisement as he couldn't cope alone. We were there yesterday at 5.30 and there was already a long long queue. Previously, we actually had to queue for 1.5 hours! In the end, we walked away without our kway teow.

I also like the ice kachang from Annie's Peanuts. I like it from when they only have a stall at Tanjong Pagar. Now it's again featured in the above-mentioned show. Sigh sigh.

I love the cockles at Pasir Panjang. Always just right.

And the char siew rice at West Coast Kopitiam. Lots of meat and the rice is nice .. for only $2!

I can go on and on, since I'm a poor woman in terms of money and time to go to nice restaurants to do fine dining now.
                    Last edited by kare2711; 18-08-2004, 10:41 AM.

Comment

For me,

I like the cheng teng @ Tiong Bahru Market (They closed on every Wed)

Katong Laksa @ Holland V

TeoChew porridge @ Hong Lim

Oh no! Listing them out will make me feel so hungry since lunch hour is approaching

Comment

Originally posted by kare2711
                        I like Queenstown's Fried Kway Teow. It was recently featured on Channel U, much to the owner and our chagrin. He told us that Ben (?)was very persistent in getting him to be featured since we know he hates advertisement as he couldn't cope alone. We were there yesterday at 5.30 and there was already a long long queue. Previously, we actually had to queue for 1.5 hours! In the end, we walked away without our kway teow.
                        I agree with you. Some stores after being featured, lose alot of regular customers. There is one store I used to frequent, the chicken wings and fried beehoon at Commonwealth market. Now the queue is so long!

Another store I like is Pork rib noodles with pig inards. Its at the coffeeshop near to Mustafa

Comment

The Western Food stall at Blk 85 Bedok Market

Changi Airport terminal 1 Prawn Mee Stall is worth checking out too

Comment

Yes, I love the l.o.r mee at tanjong pagar too, but the queue is always so long....the stall selling macaroni next to it is as well.

I love the tapioca cake at maxwell market, near "tian tian" chicken rice stall (always sold out before 1pm) and the "tang yuen" as well

Comment

Anyone tried the Hong Kong Street stall at Alexandra Village? The one just beside AIA tower... their fried rice and noodle is excellent as well although a tad oily to my taste

Comment

Working...
                              X