Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mooncakes!!

How can we leave out mooncake talk!
    I love mooncakes, especially snowskin durian paste ones and snowskin white lotus paste ones. Do share, where do you find your HG mooncake? Where can I find the absolute best snowskin durian-paste ones?

Dunno about durian paste ones, but my fave mooncakes are East Ocean's custard snowskin mooncakes.

Comment

I love Snowskin egg yolks ones. I'm not too adventerous when it comes to exotic mooncake flavours. lol. Not sure where are the best one, as long as it doesn't taste bad, I'll eat it!

Comment

my favourite mooncakes are from Da Tong Bakery (located at mosque street) simply because they're very traditional. i love the snowskin lotus paste single yolk & baked lotus paste double yolk! plus the uncle always gives us a few 'piglets' for free

Comment

Originally posted by Pronuptia
          East Ocean's custard snowskin mooncakes.

So are Goodwood's I *think* (or did I mix up with Raffles Hotel's- maybe it was Raffles with the adventurous fusion mooncakes).
          And Haagen Dazz ice cream mooncakes.
          The rest can't remember... I am so going to pile on!

Comment

Love the snow-skin mooncakes from Eater Palace! There is a mixture of red bean and yam (or is it green bean) paste in it Oh, the freshly prepared crispy-skinned yam mooncakes from the same place is too die for.... so fresh and crispy!

Comment

Originally posted by mel171103kev
              I am so going to pile on!
              Haha, at least you're eating for two, so you have an excuse!

Comment

I swear by mooncakes from Raffles Hotel. It's a tradition for my family to get it every year. My fav is Snow-Skin Mooncake with Champagne Truffle and Ganache, a delicious champagne truffle centre enveloped in ganache and snow-skin. The perfect harmony of flavours will send chocolate connoisseurs floating on a cloud of blissfulness!

There are many types available such as Snow-Skin Ginseng and Bird's Nest Mooncake with White Lotus Paste mooncake flavour, available upon special order, is much treasured by ladies. The restorative qualities of ginseng and bird's nest make this a healthy alternative to traditional mooncake flavours.

Classic baked mooncake selections, each baked to golden brown perfection include - Baked Mother of Pearl Mooncake with White Lotus Paste & Single Yolk; Baked Peach-Shaped Mooncake with White Lotus Paste & Single Yolk; Mini Baked Mooncake with Macadamia Nuts with White Lotus Paste & Yolk.

I'm salivating now...

Comment

I love this Hong Kong brand "Kee Hua"

Comment

Dunno about durian paste ones, but my fave mooncakes are East Ocean's custard snowskin mooncakes.
                    I love East Ocean's custard mooncakes too but I thought they were baked, not snowskin? :huh: Memory is getting bad, but it's a great excuse to buy some to eat.

angie

Comment

Originally posted by ae260
                      I love East Ocean's custard mooncakes too but I thought they were baked, not snowskin?
                      They have both versions.

Comment

Durian paste snowskin mooncakes from Goodwood are good. I will definitely get a box from there every year. Do try the one from Marriot Hotel too. It's slightly more expensive than those from Goodwood but also better.

Comment

Love the yam paste mooncakes from Crown Prince Hotel.

Worth getting if you like yam.

Oishi..........

Comment

Re: Mooncakes!!

Originally posted by mango
                            How can we leave out mooncake talk!
                            I love mooncakes, especially snowskin durian paste ones and snowskin white lotus paste ones. Do share, where do you find your HG mooncake? Where can I find the absolute best snowskin durian-paste ones?
                            I would give my vote to Goodwood Park Hotel's.

My all-time favourite is crispy pastry with yam filling, teochew style mooncake from Long Jiang Szechuan Restaurant, Crown Prince Hotel. Its a must-have every year

Comment

thumbs up for EAST OCEANS dont know what nuts mooncakes.. not the tradition mooncake-mooncakes but in small palm size lump without the traditional yoke... its nice.. comes in a red plastic box with transparent cover.. s**hts.. wish i can remember what nut is that to describe..

try it!

yummy!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X