Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pasta! (inc recipes)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pasta! (inc recipes)

    argh i am a superfailure when comes to cooking.. i tried cooking garlic prawn spaghetti, the kind like in Coffee Club which is super yummy but mine sucks.. anyone can give me some tips? thanks!

    Edited for language
    Last edited by duckiee; 10-03-2004, 11:01 PM.

  • #2
    Is that cream or oil based?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: prawn spagetti

      Originally posted by cherrybomb
      argh i am a superfailure when comes to cooking.. i tried cooking garlic prawn spaghetti, the kind like in Coffee Club which is super yummy but mine sucks.. anyone can give me some tips? thanks!

      Edited for language
      I think it's oil based..
      hmm i am trying to learn some italian cooking but failed each time i tried.. i think i am poisoning myself each time i cook..

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by mango
        Is that cream or oil based?
        It's oil based. Their prawn are very very fresh, I'm addicted to it, garlic prawn spagetti at coffee club is a must for me every week *yummy*

        Comment


        • #5
          ingredients u need
          spaghetti, cooked
          prawns - shells removed
          olive oil
          parsley
          coriander (chopped)
          salt & pepper
          dry sherry (splash)

          method
          - heat pan, add olive oil
          - add in prawns, stir fry till cooked, sprinkle pepper onto prawns and add some dry sherry
          - make sure that there is no residue from the prawns (dried)
          - add salt to taste, coriander and parsley

          serve with cooked spaghetti, splash of olive oil on top

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by littlemiss
            It's oil based. Their prawn are very very fresh, I'm addicted to it, garlic prawn spagetti at coffee club is a must for me every week *yummy*
            haha thats y i am working part time there.. in time to come when i m promoted to the kitchen hiak!! i will know to make delicious pasta!!!! haha

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by natnatviv
              ingredients u need
              spaghetti, cooked
              prawns - shells removed
              olive oil
              parsley
              coriander (chopped)
              salt & pepper
              dry sherry (splash)

              method
              - heat pan, add olive oil
              - add in prawns, stir fry till cooked, sprinkle pepper onto prawns and add some dry sherry
              - make sure that there is no residue from the prawns (dried)
              - add salt to taste, coriander and parsley

              serve with cooked spaghetti, splash of olive oil on top
              thanks sweetie.. hope this time i can succeed!!
              what is dry sherry? is it sherry wine? i am quite an idiot in food terms.. haha :huh:

              Comment


              • #8
                yes dry sherry is a kind of cooking wine
                u can use white wine if u wish

                Comment


                • #9
                  cherrybomb, you can find dry sherry at cold storages, its usually placed together with cooking wines and vinegars.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    to replicate the one at coffee club, you need loads of garlic and sliced red chilli too!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Nic, do share the recipe if you can!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Sky -> pestos in a bottle? ahhhh, found the secret

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          interesting thanks sky!
                          i thought it was plain pesto in a bottle

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            think it is available in those asian grocery stores

                            hee, to be frank, i hate those pasta in a pack...
                            they taste abit different from the fresh ones

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              i think the difference is in the chewing factor...
                              fresh pasta is softer in texture, whereas those in a pack ones has a chewy/ rubbery feel, and when cooked for too long becomes too soft

                              some pasta packs i tried are too thick in texture and thus dont mix well with the sauce

                              pesto powder is definately not quite near to the standard
                              look for those in a bottle, maybe brands like domino's?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X