Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fosters The English Rose Cafe

what is good there?

and which of the 3 cakes(tiramisu, brownie or oreo cheescake) is good as well?

please help, thanks!
    Last edited by duckiee; 09-07-2006, 12:16 PM.

i've only gone there for lunch once (months ago), n it was set lunch. can't rem what we had exactly, but i had pork chop and my friend had some kinda white fish. dessert was some chocolate pie? pork was nice fish was nice! the fish tasted very light and fresh? none of that fishy stale taste/smell. sorry aint too gd at describing.

it seems to be always crowded so guess that food shldnt be too bad? nice ambience too.

Comment

yah, the ambience is nice. somtimes they even have live music. i love the mushrooms and escargots there!!

going there to clebrate my bf birthday tonight!

Comment

I've only eaten their pasta, and I can tell you that its definitely not their forte! Ordered cream-based Linguini and its rather horrid cause the sauce is way too thick and reduced, only managed to finish 1 quarter in the end. A friend who also ordered pasta in cream sauce couldnt finish hers either. Oh, but the service is good.

Comment

since we'r on the topic of fosters, has anyone tried the new foster's crustacean place next door? looks real cool with all the aquariums and interesting marine life.

Comment

can only remember the juicy steak. dunno if it's still as good. give it a try.
            too full to try the dessert though..

Comment

aeon: I've tried crustacean and I love that place! Food is good service even better. I took the soft shell crab and it was fantastic! SO got the steak which was really nice and soft and juicy. YUM! Portions are just enough to fill you up without being too overwhelming! There's also some guy singing on a few days I cant remember when but he's super super good! Do go check it out. I'm sure you'll love it.

Comment

Originally posted by paintedpoppies
                aeon: I've tried crustacean and I love that place! Food is good service even better. I took the soft shell crab and it was fantastic! SO got the steak which was really nice and soft and juicy. YUM! Portions are just enough to fill you up without being too overwhelming! There's also some guy singing on a few days I cant remember when but he's super super good! Do go check it out. I'm sure you'll love it.
                may i ask what the price rang would be like? =)

Comment

I only go there for the English Afternoon tea set. Very yummy scones with clotted cream and jam.

Comment

hey aeon if i remember correctly the soft shell was $24 or $22 the steak probably $28. Also remember to try one of the deserts - warm chocolate cake! Its divine. I think that was $12.

Comment

gosh ur making me drool!

Comment

Originally posted by aeon410
                        since we'r on the topic of fosters, has anyone tried the new foster's crustacean place next door? looks real cool with all the aquariums and interesting marine life.
                        tried the cod fish n another mix seafood dish. forgotten what it was.

it's nice, the cod fish was done very well n the food is fresh.

think they are having some kinda promotions now, can check out with them before u give it a try! enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by bunbungirl
                          may i ask what the price rang would be like? =)
                          me too! My bf and i sometimes go there on sundays and we can share the tea set! I really love their scones.

The cream and the scones go really well. Though their small sandwiches aren't fantastic.

Do u find it pricey? $9 for a set, which includes tea. Ceylon or Earl Grey.

Comment

Originally posted by ruthie
                            me too! My bf and i sometimes go there on sundays and we can share the tea set! I really love their scones.

The cream and the scones go really well. Though their small sandwiches aren't fantastic.

Do u find it pricey? $9 for a set, which includes tea. Ceylon or Earl Grey.
                            r u refering to the english rose cafe or crsutacean?

one person for $9? that's not too bad. what's the contents?

Comment

Can't remember how much the tea set is, but it is less than $10.

The tea set includes choice of coffee or tea, plus 2 mini sandwiches (cucumber or tomato or cheese IIRC), a small slice of butter cake and scones (1 or 2, can't remember now) with clotted cream and strawberry jam.

Comment

Working...
                              X