Coconut!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coconut!!

I often see young coconuts selling in supermarkets- has anyone ever bought one and successfully opened it properly before? How to open so that not too much juice is accidentally spilt n wasted?

Re: Coconut!!

Originally posted by mango
    I often see young coconuts selling in supermarkets- has anyone ever bought one and successfully opened it properly before? How to open so that not too much juice is accidentally spilt n wasted?
    Haha, we have one in the fridge right now. Hubby brought one with an opening and its sealed tightly for hygiene. I don't think its difficult to open.

Hubby has been feeding me with coconut juice every weekend for 3 to 4 weeks already. Each time he ordered when we go to the hawker centres. This one he brought from supermarket, I didn't touch it. Waiting for him to be home one day and share it with me plus serve me (hahaha).

Comment

Same here, I've also been drinking it on weekends. My hub said he wants to buy me coconut from supermarket but it looks quite hard to open properly, so thought I'll ask for tips first. You mean your coconut is already open but sealed tightly? So meaning you can actually see the juice in the coconut or what? Which supermarket? If can get one that is easy to open up, then it'll be great cause it means I can also get to drink coconut juice when I'm at home!

Comment

You sure you want to drink that much? Actually, I am comfortable with drinking just on weekends. But hubby wants to buy and I don't really care. I will be drinking the raspberry tea too so don't want to over do it.

Anyway, can't see the coconut juice but they did an opening (mid way) for easy opening. Like when you go buy durian and they open slightly for you.

Both NTUC and Cold Storage has it. I think I have seen those that you say, completely round and no opening. There are several types to choose from actually (unless for whatever reason, they didn't stock up).

Comment

I love coconut juice, so it'll be quite a treat for me to get to drink it at home on boring days when I'm just hanging around waiting for baby to pop But if I drink on weekdays, then probably I wont drink it on weekends, wouldnt want to overdose.

I'll get hubby to go to supermarket and see if he can find the kind you mention, the ones with an opening on top.

Comment

Mango, u can find the top already opened coconut at NTUC ah... they r sweet n yummy!!!its at the e u see the normal coconuts..the top is the fleshy part only...hee, i hope i describe properly... last time BP used to sell them at the minimart.. not sure now though

Comment

Working...
            X