Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBQ! (recipe suggestions)

Hello guys!

I will be preparing food for a bbq! Yum yum I am quite sick of the normal crabsticks, hotdogs and chicken wings though. :roll:

Any suggestions or marinades I can try out? Thanks in advance!

i always like to get sambal stingray

Comment

My friend likes to use the seafood paste from Kim Kee

Comment

get some sweet potatoes, wrapped in foil and then throw it in the pit

Comment

sambal sotongs, prawns, sweet corns?

Comment

Don't forget marshmallows!
            Ermm... and otah!

Comment

BBQ! The last time I had bbq, I had salmon wrapped in foil, sotong, giant prawns (yum yum!) n cray fish, large sticks of otah and thin slices of marinated beef, yum yum! Have fun!

Comment

Wrap bacon around fresh button mushroom and skewer them with satay stick. Yummy!

If budget is not a problem, what about escargots? The last time i got escargots from the supermarket that came in a foil tray. Wrapped the tray with foil and left it cooking on the fire. Thinking of it is making me drool now

Comment

melt cheese and put with nice prawns then foil it up and leave to cook! it tastes reeaaaallly good =)

Comment

Yum yum!

Thank you for all your suggestions! They all sound so yummlicious! I think i can visualise my king prawns newton style already!

Comment

lurve bbqed lamb chops! and how about shishamo (the japanese pregnant fish), whole heads of garlic and portabello mushrooms. and for dessert throw some pisang rajah on the grill, skin and all, and it caramelises to become ultra sweet. heavenly with a cold scoop of ice cream!

slurp!

Comment

instead of the usual honey soy marinade for chicken wings, try tomyum paste. mix with some olive oil and sesame oil if the paste is too 'gunky'

another fave is to cut halfway into a banana, skin and all. squeeze in a small chunk of chocolate and/or marshmallow. wrap the whole thing in alufoil and bbq away! caramelized chocolate bananas........yum!

Comment

How about thinly sliced beef short ribs ? Think Korean BBQ and those kalbi, yummy !

Comment

BBQ lemongrass with chicken thigh is yum
                            just chop the lemongrass up and then marinate with chicken, add some salt and honey!

Comment

Update!

My BBQ didnt turn out so well. I think the most important thing in BBQ-ing is setting up the BBQ! I fan and fan for ages and the charcoal just wont stay hot! I even used solid fuel and newspapers!

Looking back now, the whole situation was kinda funny.

Anyways, I am so disheartened! I think it would be quite a while before I wanna organise one again..

Comment

Working...
                              X