Johor Bahru food thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johor Bahru food thread

Anyone visited the seasons at jb city square? They have pineapple buns which is only @$1. Quite big and delicious, value for money. They also have other kinds of bread, also very cheap.

hmmm they seem to have chains of stores opening up

i thought it was pretty ordinary but price wise, it is certainly cheap!

Comment

anyone know of any confectionary shop in jb that sells nice bread???

Comment

Seafood in JB...where?

Heard there's really cheap & good seafood in JB..anyone knows where exactly? Directions? Thanks!

Comment

I nv really go a proper seafood outlet for seafood.

2 of my old haunts : Tebrau Mkt - Resturant Mun & opp Holiday Plaza's Jumbo Restaurant. The latter not so good & cheap.

Heard raves abo stretch of stalls b4 reaching Dutyfree Zone. Thai, malay, chinese are all there.

Now i stick to fastfood & Seasons Cafe.
          Last edited by vernis; 16-12-2004, 09:49 PM.

Comment

the open air hawkercentre has lots of stalls selliing great seafood. offhand i just can't remember the name.....argh!

just remembered....
            ta4 ma3 hua1 yuan2 in mandarin

taman....errr...i dunno the malay name.

Comment

That's the Tebrau Mkt (Big Horse Flower Circle ). Near Taman Sentosa also.

Yummy....

Comment

i have no idea how to find my way there but when we went for seafood, we visited peking resturant. heard from a friend that there are quite a few branches around (apparently, there's one just outside her house!) so if you happen to just drive along, you could look out for it, or ask around?

it was really cheap though 4 of us had a huge 1kg lobster, prawns, bee hoon, kang kong, tofu etc & the bill came up to RM180. plus, it wasn't some hawker center, was a proper resturant with air con & parking

Comment

WOW!!!! Solid!!

Must provide address. Real cheap.

edited:please refrain from quoting the entire text when replying/responding to a post directly above.
                  Last edited by vixette; 17-12-2004, 01:30 PM.

Comment

hi vernis,
                    yeah, really good deal but i've gotta wait till my friend's free to bring us back.

btw, could you please refrain from quoting when replying to a post directly before you? quoting excessively uses up bandwidth & it's hard for the other cotters to scroll thru the thread. would appreciate it if you could go back & edit your post to remove the quote. thanks!

Comment

Ok. Hmm.. u edited for me? Quote was not there anymore.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi, a little OT but I remember seeing a post from one of the threads about a Treetop Restaurant in JB. Can't seem to find it now. Can a kind soul kindly tell me the location and if possible, provide the webby. TIA

Comment

I went JB's city square yesterday..there is this cafe selling portugese egg tarts balck pepper chicken..i had the 1/2 chicken and a bun..it costs RM $8.50..and its quite good the sauce that comes with it is yummy..didn't managed to finish the chicken but finish the sauce with my bun..keke

Comment

Originally posted by pinkdewy
                            Hi, a little OT but I remember seeing a post from one of the threads about a Treetop Restaurant in JB. Can't seem to find it now. Can a kind soul kindly tell me the location and if possible, provide the webby. TIA
                            Hi there, the restaurant is called anjun warisan. I can't remember if there is a website to it. However, it is located on top of a hill. The nearest landmark I remember is Hyatt Hotel.

I love the bak ku.h te.h diagonally opposite THE STORE near taman sentosa. Usual spending is about S$10 for 2 persons and that includes claypot bak ku.h t.e.h with golden mushrooms. Yummy! Its usually packed on a sunday afternoon with lots of singaporeans.

Comment

The Ramly burgers are heavenly!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X