Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vietnamese Food

Where can i find good vietnaese food in Singapore? Thanks girls

i've only tried phochine at wisma atria (outside, al fresco)

and i like it! nice place to people watch and theres live music

Comment

not sure if the place is still there, but there used to be a fairly good viet shop near Marina Sq cinemas.

Comment

I think that is called Mai. It is now at the Atrium next to Plaza Singapura. The food is pretty good.

Another place is the one outside Far East Plaza. Can't remember the name now. It is quite nice. My cousin's Vietnamese friend recommended it. I think that is high praise if a Vietnamese thinks it's good too

Comment

the one vix recommended was also recommended to me by my vietnamese friend

have only patronised the marina sq outlet, have out tried them out since they moved but prices are cheap and food is good

Comment

my roommate is vietnamese, and she and her friends claim that the food court opposite Ikea (in the mall which i can't remember the name!!! :huh: ) has really good beef noodles.. similar to their native one. haha!

Comment

second/third? Mai at Plaza Sing The Atrium (i cant rem the name-right outside Dhoby G station)

serves GREAT avocado shake, and good pho. Other good bets- suntec top floor, near swiss culture, kushin-bo, skyarden-there's a viet cafe that serves EXCELLENT grilled pork with vermicelli, lots of fresh veggies, egg rolls, great viet coffee too. Prices reasonable for both these 2 places- about $7-9 per main dish.

Lastly, there's one at Siglap, but it may have moved- can't recall the name darn. will edit and paste back-that was the most well rounded viet restaurant with great mains, yummy fried banana and sesame, coconut ice cream as dessert.

I love viet, don't want to pay too high prices as they esssentailly serve street food (mostly), and it's very healthy and light 9 outta 10 times (discounting fried bananas!)

Comment

Mai comes highly recommended by my Vietnamese students. I've eaten there once and quite enjoyed it.

Comment

there's a viet restaurant near Purvis St (opposite Bugis Junction) called Mss Saigon or something like that.

not too bad though i prefer the noodles from Pho Hoa.

Comment

the vietnamese restaurants at killiney road have mostly closed

Comment

I like the one at kiliney road, there are a couple of them but i frequent the one further down the road. forgot the name for the moment, but its the one with a bar on one side and restaurant on the other. Nice ambience and attentive service staff

Food there is good and prices are affordable. I always have pho bo with a lot of chopped chillies, delicious! The appetizers there are very good too. Usually a meal for two costs around $40-$50.

Comment

I can't believe how expensive Vietnamese food is in Singapore, it's pretty much all cheap stuff. Over here in Melbourne a meal for 3 people including appetisers cost only around $30 or so. The pho comes in HUGE servings too.

Comment

Hmmm maybe I'm greedy and always order a lot? The main course is not very expensive, maybe around $10. Its the appetisers that cost more, maybe $6 for 4 pieces of spring roll...

I've been to a couple of Vietnamese restaurants in Melbourne, it may be a little cheaper but the ambience at the Kiliney road restaurant is better. But I have to admit, the portions in Australia are really generous!

Comment

Mai is pretty good!
                            Been there to celebrate my friend's birthday and the service staff were all very nice.
                            Although I still prefer Melbourne's Meekong, but Mai is good enough.

A bit OT: Vietnamnese food in Bangkok is great too!

Comment

Actually I find Mekong in Melbourne only so so, there are much better ones along Victoria St, Richmond.

Comment

Working...
                              X