Home-made yogurt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home-made yogurt

hey heard that eating yogurt is healthy and good for skin. but do anyone knows how to make them urself? want to get smt known as yogurt starter or yogurt powder to make them but just couldn't find it anywhere. anyone knows where to get it? thanks! =)

there are some recipes for making yogurt online here. i made yogurt before in a life sciences class; it was really troublesome and none of us students dared to try eat it. should be much less complicated buying it from the supermarket?

Comment

Home-made yogurt

anyone how to make? also what is needed ?

Comment

1. Buy yoghurt from supermarket
        2. Open & eat BUT leave about 1/3 behind.
        3. Pour milk into the container & leave it in room temperature (not inside the fridge).
        4. Next day ... hurray - more yoghurt!

However, taste will be blend. May add fruits & other flavourings to taste.

Comment

Is it really safe to leave the milk + yoghurt in room temperature?

How long can the home made yoghurt last? I heard the same thing from a friend too but never got around trying it. Heehee

How much yoghurt to how much milk?

Comment

oh man.. i think that's rather sick.. why dun u go buy yoghurt if u wanna eat it? i dont think u'll be saving much $$ by pouring milk n making it into yoghurt..

Comment

its cheap if you make large amounts and for all various uses, of course yoghurt can be use not just for eating!

Comment

its very healthy home-made than buying outside. There can even cure for cancel patient. But must add flaxseed oil.

Comment

Originally posted by cutiepie
                  There can even cure for cancel patient. But must add flaxseed oil.
                  that's quite a claim.

Comment

Hahaha too troublesome. I'll stick to buying them off the supermarket shelves.

Having said that my friend majored in bioscience & working in the field. Maybe she found it not too much of a hassle to DIY yoghurt.

Comment

home-made yoghurt tastes quite different from those buy-off-the-shelves. i always thought that my fav Meigi was the best, but when i visited my roommate, her neighbour let us try her home-made yoghurt. it was WOW! the taste is so natural, not too sweet or sour, it was also very light and cooling, and refreshing, eating ALOT doesn't make u feel a bit ill after that. not a good describer, but it was one of the best yoghurts i have ever eaten. yum. i really miss it now.

Comment

Wow wanna teach us how to do it? Would love to try if its not too difficult

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
                          that's quite a claim.
                          hope these article can change your mind.. yongurt got to mix with flaxseed oil.

http://www.risingsunhealth.com/dr_jo...ancer_diet.htm

Comment

thanks for the article, cutiepie.

i'm still a bit of a skeptic though. sorry! maybe as a preventative measure.

Comment

I know there's this yoghurt maker sold in Tangs basement household electronics dept. Anyone tried this maker?Forgot the name, but it's about $55 or $65.

You just have to put some natural yoghurt into a full litre carton of fresh milk, leave it abt 10 hours in the machine and you will get yoghurt the next day!

The machine is mainly to keep the temperature and environment constant. Maybe less contamination also.

Comment

Working...
                              X