Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foodie Promos!

They are offering really great deals

1 for 1 dinner buffet at Bar & Billard Room (Raffles Hotel)
    1 for 1 dinner buffet at Olive Tree (Intercontinental Hotel)

The one at the Raffles is great, small number of tables so it's not too crowded (can eat more!)

*url added*

UOB promo link

angie
    Last edited by ae260; 25-05-2004, 01:28 PM.

Wow! Really?

My hubby says olive tree has great food. Maybe I should get him to bring me there since our wedding anniversary will be coming up next month. Ha, plus we can enjoy some savings. No bad at all!

Comment

does the buffet at raffles hotel have any expensive food stuff... e.g. oyster, sashimi, lobster (haha, my dreams) crayfish

does anyone know how much per pax? TIA

Last edited by wiffy; 25-05-2004, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wiffy
        does the buffet at raffles hotel have any expensive food stuff... e.g. oyster, sashimi, lobster (haha, my dreams,crayfish

does anyone know how much per pax? TIA

Yes they had sashimi, oysters, mussels, crayfish, huge prawns and lobster tail as cold dishes. I went with 3 friends and the bill came up to about $28 plus per person inclusive of all taxes
        The only things I didn't like about the buffet were[list=1][*]The buffet is only from 7pm to 10pm so it's best to make a reservation for 7pm if you want a long leisurely dinner[*]They ran out of roast lamb! They were doing the carving on the spot, I think they only had 1 roast so when it was finished they subbed with roast chicken The lamb and the chicken were both really good though[*]They had a chocolate theme for the dessert section so if you don't like chocolate, there's not much else to chose from[/list=1]
        Otherwise, the quality of the food was really excellent... no scrimping or using cheaper items and everything was really fresh. There is a maximum of 5 paying guests that you are allowed to charge to 1 card so if you go with a really big group, you should be able to split the bill

HTH!
        angie

Comment

tks for your reply ae260... wow sounds good... at less than $30 per pax, think its quite worth. 1 for 1 for 2 pax going should be even cheaper right... cool, I'll go there to enjoy one of these days!

Comment

Hmm..I can find the coupon for the Olive Tree but can't find it for the Raffles Hotel, which is what I'm more interested in! :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by wiffy
              tks for your reply ae260... wow sounds good... at less than $30 per pax, think its quite worth. 1 for 1 for 2 pax going should be even cheaper right... cool, I'll go there to enjoy one of these days!
              Hi,

Sorry if my post was not clear... the cost of the buffet is $48+++ / person so for a group of 4, the total was ($48 x 2) divided by 4. This works out to be abt $28 per person inclusive of tax.

Definitely make reservations if you want to try it out, they were full last Thursday when I was there.

cheers,
              angie

Comment

Originally posted by kare2711
                Hmm..I can find the coupon for the Olive Tree but can't find it for the Raffles Hotel, which is what I'm more interested in! :roll:
                Hey Karen,

Scroll down the page, it's just above the "up to 50% off" section. You don't need the voucher though, just call to book and let them know it's for the UOB promo.

angie

Comment

Went dinner at Bar & Billard on Sat! Dinner was !
                  their seafood.. pasta as well. and not forgetting their desert section b/c I'm a chocolate addict

It was $46+++/pax. So quite worth going..

Comment

Olive Tree

Tried the 1-for-1 promo at Olive tree. Seems that the spread is much smaller now or did they just reduce it because of this promo. The pasta corner is still there but missing are the yabbies, crayfish and prawns.

Comment

I'm wondering if this promo is still on. Scrolled down the link but didn't see the 50% off section. The promo for Bar & Billiard Room seems to be 15% off only.

Are there anymore 1-for-1 thingie going on with the UOB promo? There are just soo many restaurants to scan through on the website! I'm going dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerfairy
                        I'm wondering if this promo is still on.
                        Ended in June. I didn't make it either.

Comment

Dang. Thanks gal

Comment

Dang. Thanks gal

Yeah, sux to miss that hahahah. I would love the Bar & Billard offer though.. Heehee

Comment

Are there anymore 1-for-1 thingie going on with the UOB promo? There are just soo many restaurants to scan through on the website! I'm going dizzy
                              Yeah, its a pity, I also missed their earlier 1-for-1 promo. currently I don't think there is anymore for UOB except for the platinium card perk that offers 1-for-1 lunch at hyatt Cafe, Mezza9 and Pete's Place. All of raffles hotels restaurants also have a dine-free-w-2-paying guests offer with platinium card.

Here's one that is not UOB related:
                              Equinox -
                              Indulge in an inspired selection of Japanese, Chinese dim sum and
                              choice of local and international food during our High Tea. From 28
                              May to 25 July, enjoy an incredible 1-for-1 for the buffet high tea.
                              Priced at S$35+++ for adult, S$17.50+++ for child, the buffet hi-tea is available from 3.00pm to 5.00pm from Mondays to Saturday, 3.30pm to 5.30pm on Sundays.

Comment

Working...
                              X