X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you baking/cooking today?

Hello!

What are u baking/ cooking today?

I am currently baking Devil Chocolate Cake in the oven.. Cant wait for it to be done, then pour the chocolate ganache over for coating!

Dinner : Super supreme homemade pizza!

Can't wait to gobble them up esp the choc cake!!

the cake sounds yum!! you baking it from scratch or from the betty crocker mix? if from scratch, share your recipe!! enjoy your cake!

am cooking fish porridge dinner tonight, b-o-r-i-n-g but the boy seems to be craving for it (even though we already had it yesterday)

Comment

Hi

Cake turns out fine.. but not as good as i thought it would be. Will try another recipe coz the cake i baked was not spongey type. rather chewy kind. U like chewy cakes? If u do, then it's excellent. As for the chocolate ganache, it's delicious!

I usually bake cakes from scratch. Never buy ready mix before..

Fish porridge? My hb loves it too.. especially the one i cook! But i'm no big fan of porridge though..

let me know if u want the recipe or perhaps when i find a better recipe, i can share with u. I have many other yummy recipes.. eg: butter cakes, marble cakes, lemon chiffon ( ) etc

:bye:

Comment

wooo nice cherie, i love cooking but i cant bake for nuts

do share the recipe with us it will be good to learn!

i am cooking salt and pepper prawns tonite, basically making the usual simple fare for dinner

see ya around!

Comment

I've just learn to bake recently. Just baked a cheesecake on Sat and a lemon cake on Sunday. Turn out ok but definitely has space for improvement. I want my cake more moist, any tips on how to do that?

Devil Choc cake... sound delicious, can share the recipe? Thanks

Comment

Hi coffee,

If u want your cake to be more moist, there are several ways. Firstly and most importantly will be the flour u use. What flour are u using? Other than that, u can choose not to bake so long, cutdown 5 mins? Do u use butter in your lemon cake? (i presumed it was the lemon cake that is not so moist?)Let me know if these help?

As for the "Devil choc cake", the actual name is Sachertorte. It turned out that i'm the only one who thinks it's so-so. My hb (my harshest critic usually) loves it. So do my friends.. Ahh.. i'm so glad that my effort didn't go down the drain!

However, i realised the cake tastes a lot better when it's kept overnight, eat after 8 hrs or more. Need not keep in fridge. Just in air tight container will do. But if u choose to keep in fridge, u can warm it up in microwave for 10-15secs

The recipe for "Sachertorte" will be under "Recipe of the day" thread. Have fun baking!

As what i'm baking today.. it will be Chocolate Swiss Roll for tomorrow's breakfast and chocolate and coconut slices (bars)-my 1st time!

:bye:

Comment

Originally posted by cherie

Fish porridge? My hb loves it too.. especially the one i cook! But i'm no big fan of porridge though..

Do share the recipe! I don't know how to cook porridge.

Comment

Sure thing!! Check it out under recipe of the day thread..

Comment

i havent been baking for like 3 weeks. i end up with 1 banana cake and a durian sponge cake. the latter is still in the oven.

Comment

anybody got recipes for cupcakes?

Comment

Cherie thanks for the recipe

About the flour, I'm using the sunshine all purpose flour. Is there any recommendation of a better type for baking? I got that because I don't know what is for what.

Just want to check with you gals. Whenever I bake (as a beginner) my cake will rise and eventually crack. What is it that I have done wrong? I follow the recipe accordingly.

Comment

coffee, it could be the oven is too hot

i think all purpose flour is okie but use cake or self-raising flour?
                        probably better for raising?

Comment

Originally posted by coffee
                          Cherie thanks for the recipe

About the flour, I'm using the sunshine all purpose flour. Is there any recommendation of a better type for baking? I got that because I don't know what is for what.

Just want to check with you gals. Whenever I bake (as a beginner) my cake will rise and eventually crack. What is it that I have done wrong? I follow the recipe accordingly.
                          Hi coffee,

U are welcome

U can try using Phoon Huat's self raising flour, lemon cake u baked is butter based right? How much butter u using? For moist cake, u can really try Phoon Huat's self raising flour, only sold in phoon huat.

Reasons for cakes to crack is because u added bicarbonat of soda/baking soda? Or oven's too hot. And tea breads will definitely crack due to chemical reactions in ingredients.

Hths!

Comment

opss.. now only i saw natnatviv's reply to coffee...

Rion, durian sponge cake?? Like Angie the Choice's???

hmm.. don't think i have any cup cakes recipe, ange. Perhaps u can try to search for it online?

Comment

I'll be cooking.. mutton curry tonight! Looks like a great weather to eat them! Cloudy and almost raining..

Will be baking Walnut and Chocolate chip cake for tomorrow's breakfast

Comment

Working...
                              X