Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steamboats and Mala Huoguo (Hot Pot)

Hi!

Does anyone know where I can find a nice ma2 la4 steamboat place? Most taiwanese eateries will have this, is that right to assume? I am really craving something spicy and hot right now.

TIA!

One of the best I've ever eaten is at Tanglin shopping centre (NOT the shopping mall, its the older builder beside). Called The Magic Of Chong Qing Hotpot, the queue even at lunch on some days can be pretty atrocious, so make sure you call in to make reservations first. Their ingredients are always fresh and the the 'ma(2) la(4)' soup is famous for making you tear and sweat all the way through dinner, enjoy!!

Edit to add: Their soup is supposedly so good that patrons drop by with their own pots to buy some home to make their own 'ma la' pot. You might want to do that too if you really like it.

Comment

Originally posted by mango
      One of the best I've ever eaten is at Tanglin shopping centre (NOT the shopping mall, its the older builder beside). Called The Magic Of Chong Qing Hotpot, the queue even at lunch on some days can be pretty atrocious, so make sure you call in to make reservations first. Their ingredients are always fresh and the the 'ma(2) la(4)' soup is famous for making you tear and sweat all the way through dinner, enjoy!!

Edit to add: Their soup is supposedly so good that patrons drop by with their own pots to buy some home to make their own 'ma la' pot. You might want to do that too if you really like it.
      this is available at Suntec City too! it's at the basement fountain terrace area!

Comment

Thank you both! I must try this soon.

Comment

Re: Steamboat Buffets

Originally posted by echo_nym
          Hi!

Does anyone know where I can find a nice ma2 la4 steamboat place? Most taiwanese eateries will have this, is that right to assume? I am really craving something spicy and hot right now.

TIA!
          there is this steam boat buffet eateries along liang seah st (opp parco bugis junction) that serves nice steamboat buffet. the shop name is call 'xian de lai'. price reasonable too! do try it.

Comment

Try the one call House of Mao at Orchard Parade Hotel (Behind Delphi Orchard) SImply wonderful!!!! You can have 2 choice of soup, one ma la and one other one (whatever they have ont the menu). The food is wonderful and FRESH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by islande
              this is available at Suntec City too! it's at the basement fountain terrace area!
              Hi echo_nym

You must also eat the complementary side dishes, I like the water chestnut cake and deep fried 'man tou' with sweet condensed milk, yummy

For me, I still prefer tom yum soup based steamboat
              Last edited by littlemiss; 03-03-2004, 10:01 AM.

Comment

i like the steamboat buffet from COCA RESTAURANT. their sauce is yummy.

Comment

Originally posted by twinkle
                  i like the steamboat buffet from COCA RESTAURANT. their sauce is yummy.
                  second this!

Comment

Originally posted by xiaomay
                    second this!
                    Expensive but have to third this.

Comment

Originally posted by kare2711
                      Expensive but have to third this.
                      Can i forth this? Their soup is very tasty and i espeically like their chilli sauce.

Comment

Wow, where is this Coca restaurant??

Comment

Originally posted by mango
                          Wow, where is this Coca restaurant??
                          Ngee Ann City. On the 5th level if I'm not wrong. It's exactly one floor above Coffee Connection.

Comment

Thanks kare dear! Just wondering, is there anything special about this Coca steamboat place apart from their nice soup and fresh ingredients? Or are they just a very good steamboat place?

Comment

Coca serves small portions of food and charges sky high prices! But I have to admit that I'm a sucker for their Tom Yam soup base. That's the only reason that I'm still eating there. I'm just some poor lass out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X