Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seafood restaurants (Western cuisine)

hey gals,

i m thinking of bring my darling to a seafood rest to celebrate out 1st yr anniversary 'coz he loves eating seafood.

but i don't wanna go places like jumbo, tung lok, the traditional kind for family.

we have been to crustacean n he loves it.

at the same time, i m hoping not to spend mroe than $40 per person....

do u know of any new seafood rest or have any suggestions or recommendations?

pls help, thanx!

there are 2 seafood places at greenwood avenue that you might like to try. the first is probably more traditional. i've not tried the food there though. we've only been the 2nd place once. we only had the cold platter so can't comment much on food. service was excellent though. but ambience is only so so.

#14 Ponggol Choon Seng Seafood
    Tel: 6465-4621
    Founded in 1956, this restaurant operated within the Ponggol area before moving to the Stadium Waterfront last year. This is its second branch. Try the most famous dishes here: chilli crab, $3.50 per 100g; mee goreng, $8; and black pepper crayfish, $3.80 per 100g.

#34 Greenwood Fish Market & Bistro
    Tel: 6467-4950
    Claiming to be the first of its kind in Singapore, this seafood deli sells all manner of live, frozen and seasoned seafood. There is a 36-seat bistro tucked at the back too. At the market, try the marlin fillet, $39 per kg; and half-kg lobster at $29.90. In the bistro, try the spaghetti vongole with crab meat, $19.95; and hot seafood platter, $69.

info extracted from The Sunday Times 16 May 2004

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
      #34 Greenwood Fish Market & Bistro
      Tel: 6467-4950
      Claiming to be the first of its kind in Singapore, this seafood deli sells all manner of live, frozen and seasoned seafood. There is a 36-seat bistro tucked at the back too. At the market, try the marlin fillet, $39 per kg; and half-kg lobster at $29.90. In the bistro, try the spaghetti vongole with crab meat, $19.95; and hot seafood platter, $69.
      Hmm...interesting place..reminds me of the sydney fish market

Comment

In some way it is. But the Sydney Fish Market allows a gorgeous view of the wharf.

Whereas in Greenwood, one can only dream. But.. the food is

Comment

Originally posted by kare2711
          But the Sydney Fish Market allows a gorgeous view of the wharf.
          Whereas in Greenwood, one can only dream.
          har har har..that's a good one

Comment

o yes, i enjoyed the sydney fish mkt.

will check out more on this one u've recommended!
            thanx! =)

Comment

pls do and hope to hear your review after u tried it

Comment

we went to Crustecean for dinner last night and it was superb.

had the baked cod drizzled in olive oil and white wine and the seafood platter for 2. we were so stuffed by the end of our main courses. good thing we decided to skip the appetisers. SO die die also wanted to try the warm chocolate cake and i nearly died and went to heaven with the first bite.

food: **** (thumbs up for their home baked foccacia too)
                ambience: **** (cozy and casual with a touch of elegance)
                service: ***** (unobtrusive, helpful, extremely polite)

for an affordable night out, perhaps you like to give this place a try.

bill:

baked cod: $23
                seafood platter: $59
                warm choc cake: $12

Comment

Mich ... I suppose $12 is for 2 slices of cakes?

Comment

oh yes, the cod there is really nice!

Comment

Nope its only for 1 cake...but its gorgeous and piping hot so when you eat it with the scoop of vanilla ice cream there its like heaven!

Comment

have passed by crustaocean many times...mmm and after hearing u guys raves bout it...am so tempted!! i still find the price a bit steep though..oh well i *** have to go with my mum then..hehe

Comment

Crustacean @ Holland V!

Hi girls!

i'm planning to bring someone there for a nice dinner. may i know what are the must-try's there?

TIA!!

Comment

i find the cod fish there superb! it's thick n the cod is really fresh. the way they cooked it was good. not too much seasoning so u can still taste the meat!!! yummy!!!

the mix seafood stew(i think), seafood mixed together in a pot, forgotten what is called, isn't as fantastic.

enjoy!! =)
                            Last edited by pulpy; 07-12-2004, 04:04 PM.

Comment

hmm abit suaku.where's crustacean

Comment

Working...
                              X